1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

JB Straubel at WEEC (World Energy Engineering Congress)

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Michael Russo, Dec 10, 2016.

More threads by Michael Russo
  1. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Belgium now, SW France when my Model ≡ gets here
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Courtesy of friends @ Evannex, effective intervention by T≡SLA's co-founder & CTO JB Straubel, in roundtable on energy with former Shell Oil executive. Interesting watch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Los Angeles CA
      Country
      What I love most about Elon Musk and JB Straubel is their calm, cool, relaxed manner that they accept people sitting next to them saying incredibly stupid things. Cooler heads prevail and stuff. Because I would definitely blow my top.

Mr. Hoffmeister didn't realize how fervently he was arguing against... HIMSELF. He says on the one hand that you can't have an all or nothing energy policy -- with renewable energy sources, while intimating that you certainly CAN go all in with petroleum. And that you ought not overlook nuclear energy as a source here at home, while he simultaneously claims our energy policy must act to control the price of oil everywhere else. It really gets me that his analysis absolutely ignores that both Nuclear and Petroleum energy sources produce tremendous amounts of waste that adversely effect both the environment at large and the health of human beings. That, while he goes on to point out the issues that effect perception of solar panels and wind farms, all the while barely disguising his own disgust that such energy sources even 'might' work to power our whole nation independently of both foreign AND domestic oil use.

On the other hand... Maybe I could deal with people with an I.Q. less than an order of magnitude above their sneaker size in a more patient manner... If I had several hundred million dollars of shares of TSLA in my back pocket. That might help. Yeah.

• Like Like x 2