Jeda Wireless Pad: First Wireless Phone Charger for Tesla

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Introducing the Tesla Wireless Pad: the first wireless phone charger created specifically and for Tesla, so that Tesla cars too will now support wireless Qi Charging.

Many carmakers offer wireless charging - but yet, Tesla doesn't. Seeing the need and desire for this, we spent months working on prototypes and designs before settling on the final version of the Tesla Wireless Pad. The Tesla Wireless Pad is the first wireless phone charger which is completely retrofitted for the Tesla Model 3, and blends seamlessly into the current design.

• Integrated design : retrofitted for the Tesla car, and blends into its current design.
  • Dual phone compatibility : allows it to charge two Qi enabled devices at once.
  • Enhanced grip: the TPU coating and enhanced grip ensure safety while driving.
    Thanks to the design, the ridges and the texture work together to absorb shock, all
    while maintaining your phones positioning.
  • Easy installation: it only takes three steps to install the Tesla Wireless Pad. Simple as pie.
  • Dual Coil charging: ensures that your phone stays charged, regardless of the
    position it is placed in.

general (2).jpg

Naturally many drivers use multiple applications to navigate, stream audio, and connect to a call leaving their batteries drained; however, with the Tesla Wireless Pad, you can do all these and more, without having to deal with wires and docks.

Our first aftermarket Wireless Pad has been designed exclusively for the Model 3, although we will be releasing others designed for the Model S and X shortly after.

You can place a reservation (it's free!) on our website, and we will let you know when you can buy it. All reservation holders will receive a $20 discount. We will be launching officially in April. April as in April, and not December ;)

Country
Country
I think this is a great product and design (and I already have my reservation in), but are you concerned about relying on the low amperage of the front USB connections for this device?

Last edited:

John

Tech Founder
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also, is it possible to also mount a cable, for folks who have one Qi and one non-Qi phone?
Or is it all or nothing?

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Hi everyone,

@capn00 the front USB connectors output 5v 1A, this is not that different than the regular iphone/samsung adapters. They generally output the same current.

On the other side, we will have a 'fast-charge' option for the Wireless Pad which will allow to charge the phone at 7.5-10W instead of 5W. We are yet to reveal the details but we'll do so soon.

@John Many people have asked about this. Originally we were hoping to use the same cable installation than tesla did, but since customers requested it we made some updates on the design. This is not confirmed a 100% but we want to maintain both options.

Hope that helps! :)

Asad1087

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi everyone,

@capn00 the front USB connectors output 5v 1A, this is not that different than the regular iphone/samsung adapters. They generally output the same current.

On the other side, we will have a 'fast-charge' option for the Wireless Pad which will allow to charge the phone at 7.5-10W instead of 5W. We are yet to reveal the details but we'll do so soon.

@John Many people have asked about this. Originally we were hoping to use the same cable installation than tesla did, but since customers requested it we made some updates on the design. This is not confirmed a 100% but we want to maintain both options.

Hope that helps! :)
Any updates on release or the details you were going to reveal soon?
Just curious since were halfway through April and I haven't seen any new info.
Hope your still on track and can't wait to order one.

telero

Country
Country
Hi everyone,

Can't find the post, but if I recall correctly someone recently posted that with a firmware update the front USB ports now support 2A current output. Will the fast-charge pad be able to take advantage of that?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can't find the post, but if I recall correctly someone recently posted that with a firmware update the front USB ports now support 2A current output. Will the fast-charge pad be able to take advantage of that?
I tested this morning actually after the Jeda Pad Team emailed me and I'm still only seeing 5V1A on the front USB ports...

MadMax

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My pad shipped yesterday! :cool:
Provide the tracking number or it didn't happen ;)

This doesn't bode well for the email they recently sent saying order invitations are going to be sent soon when they just now sent out pads to beta testers. Wouldn't final production and order fulfillment happen after feedback from beta testers which means not soon?

Asad1087

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country

This doesn't bode well for the email they recently sent saying order invitations are going to be sent soon when they just now sent out pads to beta testers. Wouldn't final production and order fulfillment happen after feedback from beta testers which means not soon?
Getting orders before starting production is something that happens all the time.

I agree with you though, why ship out betas so close to production run, unless it will be produced on the Tesla time scale and we wont see them in our hands for months. LOL

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Getting orders before starting production is something that happens all the time.

I agree with you though, why ship out betas so close to production run, unless it will be produced on the Tesla time scale and we wont see them in our hands for months. LOL
Did not mean to start a panic here. They sent me a prototype for fun not for testIng. We should expect the final units soon still!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Aright so I’m seeing a little jump to 1.25A, but it’s not stable and bounces all over down to .83A and then back up to 1.25A.

3DB8205C-1D4E-4F08-AD6A-2BB8DCD1D9BE.jpeg