Jim Cramer at it Again (CNBC)

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
Commentary on the most recent Tesla earnings conference call. Truly entertaining, quite funny, and not once does Jim Cramer admit he told the world to 'pump it and dump it' a week ahead of the IPO for Tesla (TSLA), now up $250 from that first offering in 2010.

Uricasha

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Commentary on the most recent Tesla earnings conference call. Truly entertaining, quite funny, and not once does Jim Cramer admit he told the world to 'pump it and dump it' a week ahead of the IPO for Tesla (TSLA), now up $250 from that first offering in 2010.

Jim Cramer is the clickbait of the TV "financial news" world

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Jim Cramer is the clickbait of the TV "financial news" world
Maybe. But I have some new respect for him. He isn’t pandering to the finance guys like the other 2 that were sitting next to him when he defended Elon.

I love how he always speaks his mind. Reminds me of someone....

Last edited:

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
This is the guy that turns my stomach. I get the whole short sell thing. He is looking to make money...period. But, he is doing it by actively campaigning to try to insure the company's failure. I have a major problem with that. If you want to bet that the company will fail, fine. If you want to advise your clients that the company will fail, fine. But don't go out there and write columns and do interviews where you distort facts, misrepresent information and generally use incendiary techniques to try to bring your bet to fruition.

I think this is why so many people are put off buy finance, like they are politics. Bend and manipulate data to best suit your needs and wants and count on the ignorant masses to blindly buy into your views. It's really frustrating, especially when you're trying to do more than just run a profitable company. You're trying to really make a difference. I guess you either buy into the vision or you don't. SMH

Dan

Last edited:

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Over ten billion dollars are at stake for the short sellers. It would be utterly shocking if they didn't wage a PR campaign.

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Shortselling is one of the things that just make me think the world we live in these days is frankly just screwed up. The stock markets as a whole just almost seem a little slimy. Seems the little guy has a hard time keeping up. Way too many different ways to buy, futures, short selling, whatever else there is out there. Too much for me to know it all. I just wish it was very simple, buy and sell at a price everyone feels fair to make a deal and the rest is just a bit slimy to me.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Don't hate the shorts - love them. They're basically giving money to the longs.

Short selling isn't that crazy of a concept once you understand it, either. It's just one person loaning another their stock (for interest, like any other loan), with the shares having to be given back later. So the person who wants to short the stock takes a loan out on some shares, sells those shares, and later on buys some back to give back to the person they borrowed from. Nothing slimy about that.

The reason it dilutes the stock price is that it functions like adding more shares to the market. More supply = lower prices. You have a person who owns Tesla stock, and wants to continue owning Tesla stock, loaning their shares out. That owner, clearly, would not have put their shares for sale on their own. With the short seller added to the picture, the shares go on sale, supply increases, the price drops. The reverse happens when they cover their short: they have to buy up the supply (regardless of price) to give it back to the owner.