Just another Model 3 with JDM Wheels...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

Allb18c

Country
Country
Looks really good! Hows the ride quality?
I put these on this morning and only went through interstate driving. So far so good. Nice and smooth. I'll report back later when I get more time in the car with rougher terrain.

modelo tres

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very nice! How much did each wheel weigh? I had to get my new WedsSport TC105N drilled to M14 with steel lug seat inserts pressed in.

MountainPass

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very nice, we were thinking about doing the TE37's before the Advan's. Just a bit too pricey for track wheels that we are beating up on! We love the blue.

Country
Country
Very nice! How much did each wheel weigh? I had to get my new WedsSport TC105N drilled to M14 with steel lug seat inserts pressed in.
Really why? What size did you open up the holes to? I am looking at the new Wedsports and I want to avoid doing that.

Do you have any pictures of your car :) with the TC105Ns?

Last edited:

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
TE37 all the cars! Looks awesome, and I love the white w/ blue. You really need a blue leather interior.

babula

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Would look much better in black, especially since you have the chrome delete. It's a cool look though, wish all the cars came lowered a bit.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Really why? What size did you open up the holes to? I am looking at the new Wedsports and I want to avoid doing that.

Do you have any pictures of your car :) with the TC105Ns?
Because most JDM wheels have 5x114.3 bolt pattern, but the holes themselves are M12 sized, not M14-sized as required by our M3s.

If you want Weds Sport then you will likely need to drill. It's not a big deal. MountainPass Performance drilled their wheels and they track it without any issues.

Country
Country
Because most JDM wheels have 5x114.3 bolt pattern, but the holes themselves are M12 sized, not M14-sized as required by our M3s.

If you want Weds Sport then you will likely need to drill. It's not a big deal. MountainPass Performance drilled their wheels and they track it without any issues.
I was talking about the steel inserts. Why you need them?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was talking about the steel inserts. Why you need them?
Some wheels have a wide area where there is a 60 degree angle for the acorn lug nuts; with these wheels you can drill the M12 holes to 15mm with enough meat leftover for the acorn lug nuts to seat properly.

For wheels that do not have this advantage, the wheel shop will have (2) choices

1.) Drill 15mm bolt holes while also drilling a 60 degree angles for the acorn lug nuts; they use a special drill bit for this
2.) Drill 15mm bolt holes, then press-in steel inserts that are made with 60 degree angle

Attachments

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice choice with the TE37s!

Interesting choice in color too! I think they look great as 20s and 19s might have looked a little small.

Model 3s with JDM wheels are getting more popular :)