Just sharing some accident picture after my model 3 was rear ended.

Chive

My bumper hold up pretty well considering the damage from the other car is pretty extensive. This area supposed to be made of aluminum which supposed to be relatively weak.

Tesla service does not handle this kind of body shop repair. You have to contact tesla approved body shop directly to get estimate before talking to insurance adjuster. Then proceed to real repair. Keep my fingers crossed

Attachments

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry to see another rear-end accident, but damn so far all the Model 3 rear ends have held up well. That's good to see. Best wishes on getting everything repaired and taken care of.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
My bumper hold up pretty well considering the damage from the other car is pretty extensive. This area supposed to be made of aluminum which supposed to be relatively weak.

Tesla service does not handle this kind of body shop repair. You have to contact tesla approved body shop directly to get estimate before talking to insurance adjuster. Then proceed to real repair. Keep my fingers crossed
What was the accident like (e.g. speed)?

I agree with Gavyne, amazing how much worse the damage looks to the other car than yours.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hopefully (I assume) you’re okay. Great to repeatedly see the car hold up remarkably well to accidents.

Now I’m curious — did Tesla call you ASAP?

NightStorm

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country

That has got to be heart breaking, sorry to see that and hope the repairs do not keep you out of a Tesla too long.