1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Late to the party

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by kmcdds, Aug 12, 2016.

More threads by kmcdds
  1. kmcdds

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Ontario
    Hi everyone. I'm new to all this, in that I don't own a Tesla, nor any electric vehicle, and I only plunked down my $1000 reservation for the Model 3 a couple of weeks ago. I live in Kilbride, Ontario. It's just a little town, but I see 3 or 4 MS driving around frequently. I love the look of the car, so I started reading about it. My colleague at work told me that he had paid his M3 deposit before the reveal and had taken an MS out for a test drive. He said his Porsche Cayenne felt like a piece of junk after driving the MS. Intrigued, I phoned up a dealership about a month ago (Yorkdale Mall for those of you in the Toronto area) and explained that I was really interested in the M3 because of the lower cost, but asked if I could take out a MS for a test drive. I half expected him to say that they were only doing that for those interested in buying a MS, but I wanted to be upfront with him. I was pleasantly surprised at how accommodating he was, so we went out for a test drive in a P90D so I could try out "ludicrous mode". Wow! I was hooked! I have a couple more comments, so I'll look for the appropriate forum topic and post them there. Looking forward to sharing the journey.

2. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Staff Member Founder
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Aurora,Ontario
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Welcome to the "club" of those hooked on Tesla and waiting for the Model 3 :)

Lots to read up on. If you're not familiar with the tech and the company there are several podcasts you can listen to as well as our own YouTube series of videos and shows. Have a look in the media section.

3. TesLou

Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Louisville, KY
    Welcome, kmc. You and I reserved ours about the same time and will have a long wait ahead of most of these guys and gals here in the forum. But I hope to gain a lot of knowledge from the early adopters related to this incredible piece of automotive technology heading our way. No bad fortune wished upon any of these guys and gals in line ahead of us but if, and when, bugs and problems pop up (and they will), a lot of this will be worked out before our key fobs are handed over to us.