License plate and OK sticker integration

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • No bumping of threads unless you're lowering a price, answering a question, or adding useful information. Please note that items for sale must be in the possession of the buyer.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I couldn't bring myself to sticking a sticker on my new car so I had a local machine shop water jet cut out a piece of ABS that can hold the OK HOV sticker as well as my license plate. This will still be completely compatible with the Tesla licence plate frame, I just preferred my car with no branding at all and didn't add it back on. You do need slightly longer screws (I'm using 8x3/4" self tapping stainless steel with washers) but this just seems so much better than adding the sticker.

I can run off a bunch more of these if anyone is interested. Let me know and I'll try to figure out the costs.

Attachments

MarkB

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Great idea.

I plasticized mine, and have it in the glove box. I'm hoping that the constabulary will look at vehicle types first (ie. PHEV's), and then look for the sticker. There's enough Tesla's and Leafs around, that I'm hoping it's not an issue.

I won't complain if caught, though -- as I am fully aware of the rules.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Great idea.

I plasticized mine, and have it in the glove box. I'm hoping that the constabulary will look at vehicle types first (ie. PHEV's), and then look for the sticker. There's enough Tesla's and Leafs around, that I'm hoping it's not an issue.

I won't complain if caught, though -- as I am fully aware of the rules.
I drove by that "decal required" sign so much over the last month while I was waiting to get this holder cut out. didn't get caught but it'll be nice to have it on the car now.

MarkB

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know someone who drives Hwy 1 daily, all day, in a trades vans (most definitely not an EV, but single occupant). He did this for years before first ticket! When he finally got the first ticket, he sent me a text.

I had the sticker on my Leaf. For the Model 3, I’m going to play the odds that:
  1. I won’t go through any sort of a check
  2. If I do get checked, the officer will recognize the vehicle type and not even look for the decal.
  3. If I actually get pulled over, I’ll act like an polite idiot, and have the decal in my glovebox with my insurance papers. Then, and only then will I decide if and/or how to place the “required” decal on the car.
I probably have years,

Then again, I might get a ticket next week!