lock car with phone in car

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

skygraff

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just tested it and no. If I locked the car with my key card, the doors would still open with the phone inside.

I didn't take the time necessary to let the car go into deep sleep nor did I wait long enough for the phone to go into any kind of sleep itself. I may test again with the phone not plugged in but I don't think that will make a difference. For me, anyway, I don't see the point. If I want to leave my phone in the car, I'll be more than happy to turn it completely off or put it in airplane mode; at the very least, turn off (not just suspend) bluetooth.

Why would you want to leave it on?

skygraff

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Log out of the Tesla App.

--Carlos V.

Good point. From a steps-to-restore POV, that has the potential to be more complex than disabling bluetooth but it would be an option if you need to leave bt on for something else (remote speaker?).