Looking into a CPO 2013 Model S P85+...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The top one is a dashcam, mounted partially behind the mirror so that it doesn't block the driver's vision.

jman

The bottom one is an ejector seat button for people you don't like I have an S and never saw that before.

Good news is you are getting a good size battery, as long as they took pretty good care of it should be good purchase.
Tach package would be key for it to have, don't know if P automatically got the tech package though. Nice that insurance hit and excise tax will be less than new, enjoy the process !!!

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Looks like a dashcam behind the mirror and a cell phone mount beside the main screen.

Should be a nice car. Big battery and great performance. Would buy if the price was right.

So, have had one week with my CPO P85+ and wish to share a few point about my delivery experience:
1) The Tesla website states your sales tax is determined by your address. It should be made clear that that means the place of delivery and not your home address. For me it was the difference between 8.7% and 9.6%; not a small difference on a $57,750 sale.
2) The online application for financing doesn't make reference to a CPO purchase. I was approved for a five year loan at 1.49% only to be raised to 2.39% once Alliant realized it was a CPO.
3) During the delivery inspection, check every inch. Although my DS found two issues, I found three additional ones. Don't just look outside. Look inside for seat issues, the frunk (no tow hook) and underneath. No rush, take your time.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, have had one week with my CPO P85+ and wish to share a few point about my delivery experience:
1) The Tesla website states your sales tax is determined by your address. It should be made clear that that means the place of delivery and not your home address. For me it was the difference between 8.7% and 9.6%; not a small difference on a $57,750 sale.
2) The online application for financing doesn't make reference to a CPO purchase. I was approved for a five year loan at 1.49% only to be raised to 2.39% once Alliant realized it was a CPO.
3) During the delivery inspection, check every inch. Although my DS found two issues, I found three additional ones. Don't just look outside. Look inside for seat issues, the frunk (no tow hook) and underneath. No rush, take your time.
1) Depends on State Law (and whether you can take deliver your in your state.) i.e. In California, we get charged based on our home address (by county), in states where you can't take delivery, you may need to take delivery in a neighboring state, so that's your tax...

Dennis

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I took delivery in Seattle which has a different sales tax rate than my home town in Washington.
Must be a Washington State thing (or a California thing.) I picked up our S from the factory and were charged Los Angeles County sales tax. It's the state law in California that a car buyer in California is charged the sales or use tax for the county of their residence.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Jay McGinnis - I think if you had picked up in Portland, they would have calculated using your home tax rate. Not sure the savings would be worth a CLMPDX trip though ;)
Have fun with the new car!!

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Jay McGinnis - I think if you had picked up in Portland, they would have calculated using your home tax rate. Not sure the savings would be worth a CLMPDX trip though ;)
Have fun with the new car!!
Last year, a guy from Hawaii (TMC user Papa Fox) picked up his second Model s in Oregon and took the car to drive the rest of the country (all lower 48 and Alaska) to get a total of all 50 states in a Tesla. He picked up in Oregon for that same reason. (No sales tax). His first drive after pick up was South to TMC Connect 2015 in Silicon Valley,

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last year, a guy from Hawaii (TMC user Papa Fox) picked up his second Model s in Oregon and took the car to drive the rest of the country (all lower 48 and Alaska) to get a total of all 50 states in a Tesla. He picked up in Oregon for that same reason. (No sales tax). His first drive after pick up was South to TMC Connect 2015 in Silicon Valley,
not sure about other states, but Oregon has an agreement with Washington DMV/Revenue to collect the tax on behalf of WA when vehicles are purchased.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
not sure about other states, but Oregon has an agreement with Washington DMV/Revenue to collect the tax on behalf of WA when vehicles are purchased.
Met him at TMC Connect, and as I remember the conversation, Hawaii doesn't have this agreement with Oregon. However, like California, the car is subject to use tax which is equal to what the sales tax would have been or something like that. It's been over a year.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
If it wasn't for some other emcumberment this would have found a new home in my driveway yesterday...

20161011_143146.jpg 20161011_140732.jpg