M3 TuneIn Not Updating Podcast Episodes

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

CaribbeanKing

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had my M3 for about a month and have noticed a very frustrating issue. It does not seem like TuneIn is updating the content library very often with new podcast episodes. I listen to a few podcasts that upload new episodes daily but my TuneIn account doesn't seem to add the new episodes.

Option 1: Is there a way to "refresh" so it loads any new episodes?

Option 2: Would a hard reboot update the results?

Any other ideas? It's pretty frustrating as I know the episodes are available as I can see them everywhere else. Is this a Tesla issue or a TuneIn issue?

Thanks!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For me, this issue has been much more pronounced since I updated the software to V9. For the 4 months I had the car before the software update, the podcasts I listened to would generally show up the same day they were released on other streaming platforms. They were usually a few hours later, but now they are days behind.
I’m not aware of a way to force a refresh of available episodes.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I've had the same problem. The fix is to reboot the MCU by holding down both scroll wheels. Version 9 has lots of bugs to sort out

drrock

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've tried logging into my TuneIn account for podcasts and always get the message 'unable to log in, try again later.' Rebooting does not help. Does anyone have a functioning TuneIn account or is this a matter of an advertised feature that does not exist in fact? (I have version 42.2.1)

Madmolecule

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for posting this. I have been having the same problem for weeks. Some do update like Ride the Lighting, but the Model 3 Owners is stuck on the good, Bad and Ugly. Most others are stuck also. I can't even find some of the others like Zac and Jesse on Tunein.

CaribbeanKing

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's pretty frustrating since many of the podcasts are updated elsewhere constantly. I've had TuneIN as much as a week behind in terms of updating daily episodes.