M3OC in Utah & other state news

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Matth3w, Jun 9, 2017.

More threads by Matth3w
  1. Matth3w

Expand Collapse

Anyone interested in starting a Model 3 Owners Club in Utah? We live in Cache Valley, so we're not exactly central. But we would be willing to travel to SLC area to meet with other future owners, especially those who get their M3 earlier than us ;).

Anybody in Cache Valley want to get together for the big reveal party in July?

Let's share the excitement!

• Like Like x 3
  2. sclyde

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Looks like you're quite a way's up north, but I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with any relatively local folks that get their hands on their Model 3 first. Hoping the SLC gallery gets one on display shortly after the final reveal.

3. The Big Bobowski

Expand Collapse

Country
    I'm just seeing this post (nearly three months later), but it would be fun to meet up once the Model 3 starts getting delivered. I'm in the Salt Lake area.

4. Park2670

Expand Collapse

Country
    Same here. Tried a few times on TMC to create a get together and have been thus far unsuccessful. If anybody wants to get together and have lunch I think that would be fun.

5. Corbyn Spencer

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Has anyone taken delivery of their model 3 in northern Utah yet? I’d love to see one in person since I’m not supposed to get mine until late this year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Big Bobowski

Expand Collapse

Country
    As far as I know, there are only two in the Salt Lake area, both belonging to employees. I haven't seen either of them in person, but apparently one works at the SolarCity office in Draper and the other at the Tesla gallery in Salt Lake. So if you stalked these locations you might catch a glimpse, though I don't condone stalking.

7. Corbyn Spencer

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I live in Draper and I drive past solarciry frequently so I’ll have to take a look as I drive by. I don’t plan on stalking these places as that could lead to some other complications. Thanks for letting me know!

8. sclyde

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I have seen the Black one around Draper a few times, but the owner wasn't around. Otherwise, I've heard the same as Bob; only 2 deliveries to employees so far in SLC. However, current Tesla owners in SLC were included in the last round of invites, so I suspect we'll be seeing 'regular people' deliveries here in a couple weeks. Fingers crossed that non-owner SLC invites are in one of the next 2 or 3 batches of invites here soon.

9. Park2670

Expand Collapse

Country
    I finally saw one in person two days ago, unfortunately it was while on vacation in California.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Corbyn Spencer

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    If anyone gets their 3 here in Northern Utah I would love to see it if you would be willing to let me see it. I’ve now seen a few here but haven’t gotten the opportunity to sit inside of one yet.

11. The Big Bobowski

Expand Collapse

Country
    I saw my first blue one as I drove past the gallery in Salt Lake on Friday but didn't have time to stop and get a closer look. I could technically order the LR right now but I still haven't decided if I will wait for SR or not. If I do order, I'm happy to do a meet-up in Salt Lake for other reservation holders to check the car out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Corbyn Spencer

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    That would be awesome, with the features I want I probably won’t get my 3 until late this year or early 2019.

13. Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. ltphoto

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    After all this time I finally saw my first M3, and it was two of them in a span of about 1 minute. Both at Thanksgiving point. A blue one leaving the parking structure under the building, and a black one parked right next to me. Just have to track down who they are to get a closer look and build my anticipation even higher!

• Like Like x 1
  15. RobertF

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I got my Model 3 on March 15th.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  16. sclyde

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Congrats! Do you happen to recall how much sales tax was? Or rather the entire registration/tax fee at the DMV? I've read that vehicle sales tax is capped at $900 in Utah, but two friends who have purchased vehicles lately mentioned paying over $2,000.

17. RobertF

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    The Model 3 cost $56,000 and the tax and license was $4059. Expensive but the car is amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sclyde

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Ouch! Do you remember how long the temporary registration lasts? If I recall correctly, Tesla's lasts 90 days before having to register. Just trying to plan finances accordingly :) Still waiting on my VIN.

19. RobertF

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    California temporary registration was for 90 days but I got everything registered in Utah within about a week. If Utah passed the law allowing Tesla to sell here then they will do Utah registrations from now on. That will be a lot more convenient.

20. ltphoto

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Yeah. One benefit for still waiting on mine. It might be a more convenient process by then since sales will be legal in state. Çongrats on getting your M3.