Matte Black with Vertini Wheels

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

Aries115

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is my 2018 Model 3 with matte paint protection and Vertini RF1.2 20" staggered wheels. 8.5 x20 fronts/ 245 tires , 10 x 20 rears with 285 tires. Although I have the Performance Upgrade I'm not happy at all with the wheel/fender gap. Any suggestions to lower without KILLING the ride quality?

Attachments

Country
Country
Any suggestions to lower without KILLING the ride quality?
Good question....probably adjustable coilovers from Unplugged or Mountain Pass. If you are concerned about ride quality, skip just getting lowering springs and step up to the coilovers. I went the lowering springs route and although it looks and corners awesome, ride quality is not as good as stock. If you also carry passengers often, that will also be a factor. Two or three in a car is OK, but load it up with five and it’s pretty easy to bottom out on springs alone.

Now after paying for the springs and install, I ended up paying more to upgrade to coilovers as well as toe and camber arms, plus pay for installation at a reputable shop. My install for coilovers is later this month so I can’t tell you how much of a difference it is vs. springs alone, but it’s supposed to be similar to OEM if not better.

Since you have the performance version, I’d go with full sport adjustable coilovers so you can adjust the dampers for either track or comfort.

EVTuning

M3OC Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
The matte black looks great!
I know @EVTuning is very happy with his drop, says it is still very comfortable ride, and looks great.
https://evtuning.com/collections/model-3-suspension/products/model-3-springs
Thanks Josh!
Granted our car is a RWD and not Dual Motor the 1.5" drop went a long way towards improving the looks and handling of the car. Our springs are progressive rate so around town they're very comfortable. My 8 month pregnant wife can attest to it not being harsh. However take the car to an off/on ramp or out for a HPDE and it comes to life and handles the corners with composure. We are currently taking pre-orders with expected delivery for mid to late January. We are also working on Dual Motor Springs but those are probably going to be in February sometime.

drummerc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is my 2018 Model 3 with matte paint protection and Vertini RF1.2 20" staggered wheels. 8.5 x20 fronts/ 245 tires , 10 x 20 rears with 285 tires. Although I have the Performance Upgrade I'm not happy at all with the wheel/fender gap. Any suggestions to lower without KILLING the ride quality?
Looks great! I'm in the process of getting my midnight silver metallic chrome deleted and tinted and will be putting on some HRE RC103 for my performance version (going matte black on them), so this is awesome to visualize how they're likely to look! I previously had a LR M3 that I chrome deleted/tinted and installed the 19" tsportline wheels in matte black, so I know the general style I'm going for. I agree a 1-1.5" drop would look amazing on it, let me know if you decide on some springs/coilovers as I'd love to see what they look like and hear how they perform before I buy some for myself.

Aries115

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks great! I'm in the process of getting my midnight silver metallic chrome deleted and tinted and will be putting on some HRE RC103 for my performance version (going matte black on them), so this is awesome to visualize how they're likely to look! I previously had a LR M3 that I chrome deleted/tinted and installed the 19" tsportline wheels in matte black, so I know the general style I'm going for. I agree a 1-1.5" drop would look amazing on it, let me know if you decide on some springs/coilovers as I'd love to see what they look like and hear how they perform before I buy some for myself.
Thanks. Tell ya what, if you split the cost with me on the coilovers I'll agree to be the guinea pig. :):p ha ha ha ha

drummerc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks. Tell ya what, if you split the cost with me on the coilovers I'll agree to be the guinea pig. :):p ha ha ha ha
hahaha I just realized they're $2.5k :O Guess I'll be waiting a little longer.. Did you sell your original 20" wheels/tires? Kind of hoping I can recover something from those and put it towards coilovers