Messing Around with Design Studio in Chrome Dev Tools

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Bokonon, Apr 8, 2018.

More threads by Bokonon
  1. Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Newton, MA
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Just having some fun with the design studio and Chrome Developer Tools... :)

FakeDesignStudioAWD.PNG

To be perfectly clear: none of this is real! All I did was swap in the AWD image URL, change a few CSS classes, and edit some of the specs / text. Because I have no life. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    Get yourself that gorgeous blue baby and that’ll change fast!! Why wait any longer?? ;)

You know that RWD with good winter tires will do wonders, even in your sometimes white neck of the woods...

Of course, trust you saw this... https://model3ownersclub.com/thread...al-motor-configuration.6083/page-2#post-88828
    so you know you’re probably 5-6 months tops away from the AWD option... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bokonon

M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Newton, MA
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Yeah, I just saw that... Maybe Elon caught me messing around last night and decided to bring me back down to earth. ;)

I'm 100% confident that I'd be perfectly fine forgoing AWD and rolling with RWD and winter tires for 4-5 months out of the year. My wife, by contrast, is much closer to 0% confident, no matter what I say about weight distribution, traction control, and instantaneous feedback from the motor... And the fact that there is such a large disparity in confidence also negatively impacts her confidence in *my* confidence. :eek:

So, for that main reason -- along with a few ancillary reasons, and not wanting to have any regrets about the car we configure -- I'd prefer AWD if we can make it work.

For now, there's no reason to take any action on my part, with a car under lease through September, AWD specs unknown, tax credit situation unclear, and uncertainty as to whether Tesla hits 5K/week in June, July or (my personal guess) sometime later. But by July or August we should have more clarity on all of those matters, so around then we'll make a decision on what to do.

4. Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    @Bokonon , I admire your patience... Even more so after just having succumbed... ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Bokonon

M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Newton, MA
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Oh, it's a daily struggle. Especially now that I have access to the design studio and the Order button... :)

I think the one thing that might push my patience beyond its limits would be if they announce in July/August that they will be making Performance AWD (in which we have little interest) before standard AWD. I don't think this is the most likely scenario, but there are enough hypothetical reasons for them to do it that I can't rule it out as a possibility.