Metal Pedals

Wooloomooloo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One thing that makes me shudder every time I see a Model 3 review video, is looking at the plastic pedals. My current car has alloy pedals which I think give it a premium look, as well as being more durable.

Do you think a future 'sports' version of the Model 3 will have these?

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
One thing that makes me shudder every time I see a Model 3 review video, is looking at the plastic pedals. My current car has alloy pedals which I think give it a premium look, as well as being more durable.

They are nice indeed and hopefully will be at the very least aftermarket items... :cool:

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Lots of aftermarket pedals on Amazon and Ebay. I havne't seen any specific to the Model 3 yet but I'm sure they will be out soon. Not sure if this pair would fit but here is a sample of what you can get for the Model S/X:

Edit: attempted to link Amazon.com product but it didn't work, just search for "Model S pedal"

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah the pedals are weak for sure. I hadn’t considered doing something about this, but thanks for spending my money :confused:

Ken Voss

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Pedals? Anyone remember that line in Back to the future "Roads..... where we are going we don't need roads" ok maybe a little too extreme but with FSD we could say "Pedals....Where we are going we don't need pedals".

As a minimalist one of the attractions to the model 3 for me is the less is more concept, personally I don't need extra chrome ornaments around my feet.

Last edited:

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

rsbell

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone know if the dead pedal cover for the S will fit the 3?

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone know if the dead pedal cover for the S will fit the 3?
Would like to know this as well but wonder if the weather tech mats (supposedly coming soon) will cover it anyway

rsbell

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Would like to know this as well but wonder if the weather tech mats (supposedly coming soon) will cover it anyway
Past Weathertech mats I have had don't cover the dead pedal.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I was watching this RPM Tesla video. It shows him putting a wireless charger product in the 3. But what I was interested in is the Medal Pedal set he has in there. Apparently coming soon. And one the coming soon, it says for S,X and 3. So I was thinking they may be all the same. So I may try those aftermarket ones from Amazon after I get my car next week (hopefully)
Check them out in this link

2170pwr

Country
Country

Is that a clutch pedal!? I hope my Model 3 doesn't have one of those.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think I will be sizing the pedals against a Model S shortly after delivery and if they look the same, I will get the set and report the fitment

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I couldn't resist and ordered the pedal set from eBay. Figured for $30 I can always sell them if they don't fit. I've already spent over $200 to mod a car that I don't even own. That is a first but I can't wait to see how some of this stuff changes the appearance of the car. Love the fact that there are so many options and easy things to personalize the car. Since it should last a lifetime (well in my case at least) it's nice that I can change it up if I get tired of the way it looks.

2018-03-14 16.03.19.jpg

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I couldn't resist and ordered the pedal set from eBay. Figured for $30 I can always sell them if they don't fit. I've already spent over $200 to mod a car that I don't even own. That is a first but I can't wait to see how some of this stuff changes the appearance of the car. Love the fact that there are so many options and easy things to personalize the car. Since it should last a lifetime (well in my case at least) it's nice that I can change it up if I get tired of the way it looks.

View attachment 6324
Sweet! I was just looking on eBay and some of those foot rests appear to just be stick on plates that don’t even wrap over the side. Stick on is fine if it covers the whole foot rest

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sweet! I was just looking on eBay and some of those foot rests appear to just be stick on plates that don’t even wrap over the side. Stick on is fine if it covers the whole foot rest
I go back and forth on the stick on kind. The one's I've got appear to fit exactly over the factory metal so they are made specifically for Tesla. With AZ heat I'd be concerned that any stick on would eventually "not". Advantage to stick on is that you open up a lot more options for the way they look because they can be generic to any car. The ones I bought closely resemble what Tesla sells for $150, not that I care about it that much but I do like the way they look. They feel a little "cheap" when you hold them in your hand but once installed I won't be able to tell the difference. I'd love to compare a factory set out of the box to see if they are any different.

msjulie

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
anyone try these from amazon?