Miami: XPEL wrap, tinting, caliper paint review

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey all, 1st post and reposting my review I also posted on TMC to share here :)

After waiting 2+ years, finally got my Model 3 AWD in metallic silver and white interior a couple of weeks ago!

From browsing TMC, M3OC forums, and youtube I was really interested in PPF, tinting, ceramic coating, and painted calipers. It is not easy to find a 1-stop shop that does all of this work, so searched a bit and visited a few places before finding Miami Auto Spa. Miami is a bit out of the way for me as I live ~35 miles north in Fort Lauderdale. After visiting the shop and seeing the work first hand of other Teslas in progress, friendly staff/owner, and fair pricing I was sold and scheduled time for the project (plan for ~2-3 days depending on level of work performed).

I personally chose the following:
3M crystalline tint on all windows: 20% side & rear windshield (one piece), 70% front windshield, 40% front roof
XPEL Stealth full wrap
Gyeon ceramic coating
Red painted calipers

Missed not having my new car for a couple of days while the work was in progress, but was totally worth it after seeing the results!

Miami Auto Spa was easy to coordinate with email and was very responsive to my questions and provided a fair price. All in my cost was ~$5,500 and super happy with the results! I'm going back in tomorrow for my 1-week follow-up check to ensure everything is good and allow the team to inspect/fix any issues found.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my experience and recommend the great work from Miami Auto Spa, feel free to reach out to Chris if you are interested: Chris@miamiautospa.com

IMG_4855.jpg
IMG_4861.jpg
IMG_4859.jpg
IMG_4860.jpg

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looking good, I absolutely love XPEL Stealth on the silver. I may have gone with that if I could afford the full XPEL Stealth wrap at the time.

Stealth silver with tinted windows look good.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey all, 1st post and reposting my review I also posted on TMC to share here :)

After waiting 2+ years, finally got my Model 3 AWD in metallic silver and white interior a couple of weeks ago!

From browsing TMC, M3OC forums, and youtube I was really interested in PPF, tinting, ceramic coating, and painted calipers. It is not easy to find a 1-stop shop that does all of this work, so searched a bit and visited a few places before finding Miami Auto Spa. Miami is a bit out of the way for me as I live ~35 miles north in Fort Lauderdale. After visiting the shop and seeing the work first hand of other Teslas in progress, friendly staff/owner, and fair pricing I was sold and scheduled time for the project (plan for ~2-3 days depending on level of work performed).

I personally chose the following:
3M crystalline tint on all windows: 20% side & rear windshield (one piece), 70% front windshield, 40% front roof
XPEL Stealth full wrap
Gyeon ceramic coating
Red painted calipers

Missed not having my new car for a couple of days while the work was in progress, but was totally worth it after seeing the results!

Miami Auto Spa was easy to coordinate with email and was very responsive to my questions and provided a fair price. All in my cost was ~$5,500 and super happy with the results! I'm going back in tomorrow for my 1-week follow-up check to ensure everything is good and allow the team to inspect/fix any issues found.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my experience and recommend the great work from Miami Auto Spa, feel free to reach out to Chris if you are interested: Chris@miamiautospa.com

View attachment 14525
View attachment 14524
View attachment 14526
View attachment 14527
That came out great!! Do you by chance have a breakdown of cost by what work you had done? I am especially interested in painting the calipers. Thanks!!

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That came out great!! Do you by chance have a breakdown of cost by what work you had done? I am especially interested in painting the calipers. Thanks!!
Yeah its best to reach out to Chris for individual items. For me, since I got a lot of items done at once as a package and there is overlap in prep for some items, I am sure some cost savings were included. But roughly here was my breakdown:
Tint: $595
XPEL: $3,900
Ceramic coating: $395
Caliper painting: $295
+ 5% savings by paying by check/cash vs credit card

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks great! Add some picks to our dedicated Silver Metallic thread here:
https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/didn’t-the-silver-metallic-get-nicer.5696/

Curious why you waited longer for AWD in FL?

If AWD was available in NJ by July I would have gone that way, but AWD timeline was up in the air in JUNE and my lease was due back. :cool:
Good question! Well when I was finally able to configure my car, AWD was an option and I chose it for the added performance, flexibility for road trips, and suspect it may help with lots of rain in Florida during the summer season (I have never had AWD before so not sure how accurate I am in regards to rain traction).

JLFORBES

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sawgrass Mall? ;)

Car looks really nice! Congrats... I am waiting for my Silver Metallic AWD. I am scheduled for pickup this Wednesday in Coral Gables. I'm in Miami so thanks for the information on Miami Auto Spa. They are only about 10 minutes from me so I'll keep them in mind.

As far as AWD vehicles here in Miami I much prefer them. I've had a couple cars with Audi all-wheel drive system, as well as a few Subarus.

I noticed you don't have the hubs covered. Did you get the Tesla hub cap and nut covers?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah its best to reach out to Chris for individual items. For me, since I got a lot of items done at once as a package and there is overlap in prep for some items, I am sure some cost savings were included. But roughly here was my breakdown:
Tint: $595
XPEL: $3,900
Ceramic coating: $395
Caliper painting: $295
+ 5% savings by paying by check/cash vs credit card
Thanks!!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sawgrass Mall? ;)

Car looks really nice! Congrats... I am waiting for my Silver Metallic AWD. I am scheduled for pickup this Wednesday in Coral Gables. I'm in Miami so thanks for the information on Miami Auto Spa. They are only about 10 minutes from me so I'll keep them in mind.

As far as AWD vehicles here in Miami I much prefer them. I've had a couple cars with Audi all-wheel drive system, as well as a few Subarus.

I noticed you don't have the hubs covered. Did you get the Tesla hub cap and nut covers?
Yes! I had to order the center cap & lug nut covers as the Dania beach center didn't have any stock on my delivery date. I should hopefully get next week to complete the look!

Awesome, good luck with you delivery next week :) And agreed, really liking the AWD so far.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Silver with XPEL Stealth and red calipers looks awesome! I'm getting the XPEL ultimate, but only full front and paid $2500, opted for the cquartz pro for another $1500. Car has been in the shop getting the work done for a few days, hopefully get it back tomorrow or Thursday. Will have to check out Miami Auto Spa for getting the calipers painted.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Silver with XPEL Stealth and red calipers looks awesome! I'm getting the XPEL ultimate, but only full front and paid $2500, opted for the cquartz pro for another $1500. Car has been in the shop getting the work done for a few days, hopefully get it back tomorrow or Thursday. Will have to check out Miami Auto Spa for getting the calipers painted.
Those prices are some of the highest I've seen... :eek:

Full front end PPF from one of the best in the NJ/NY/PA areas is about $1500 for SunTek Ultra or Xpel Ultimate and the CQuarts Pro is $1200 or Opti-Coat Pro for $900.

https://signaturedetailing.com/

Hiep Dao

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
There’s a place called NV coatings in Northern VA that does it for $400-500 was my quote. Is it normal that they won’t take the calipers off the car when they do it? I think maybe they powder coat it, whatever that means. Also, they won’t provide the white Tesla decal....do you guys know where I can get a good quality decal that won’t get destroyed on the caliper? Should they be made of a certain material? How will red calipers look on 18” TST Sportsline turbine space gray wheels on a blue model 3? Thanks!

Liquid2083

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Those prices are some of the highest I've seen... :eek:

Full front end PPF from one of the best in the NJ/NY/PA areas is about $1500 for SunTek Ultra or Xpel Ultimate and the CQuarts Pro is $1200 or Opti-Coat Pro for $900.

https://signaturedetailing.com/
I called around and checked a few places, seems to be what the prices are here in South Florida / Miami area. I checked for certified XPEL and Cquartz shops, then read the reviews for each shop and called the ones that had high ratings and reviews.

richardls

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Expecting to have my 3 in a few weeks. Was looking into Ceramic Coating and received a quote of $495. This seemed reasonable. But, when I followed up and asked them about the life expectancy warranty they responded:
"5 Year warranty on the ceramic coating. There is maintenance 1x per year to keep the ceramic looking great like the day you picked it up. It's $99 and we do a light polish and additional layer of hydrophobic coating."
This made me pause. If it's a 5 year coating, why does it need an additional layer every year?

So, I reached out to the person that I have used to detail my cars in the past (using his mobile service). He explained to me that "polishing" is how you remove a ceramic coating, so all they are doing is reapplying the final layer each year. So, it's not a 5 year coat.

Although, his shop for ceramic coating isn't as close to me as the other shop, I plan to use him. He quoted me:
1 Year - $300
2 Year - $400
3 Year - $500
4 Year - $600
He does it himself with a helper (both of them are certified by and they use IGL Coatings) and explained "you don't have to see me until the duration of the product is over because then it will start to wear off" and that if it fails in the time frame they "will redo the vehicle if it's not from neglect."

I'm glad I reached out to him before I went with the initial shop. Feel free to reach out to him if you're looking for detailing or Ceramic Coating. (Note: he doesn't do PPF, but I wasn't planning to do it because I don't tend to get rock chips on the front end of my cars where I drive.)

His contact info: Nick - 305-720-4796. Feel free to let him know you heard about him through Richard with the Tesla 3 and share your experiences here.