Microphone input level for voice commands

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When I press the right wheel to enter a voice command, I have to speak really loudly or otherwise it doesn't recognize any words.

Is there a way to adjust the input level? The microphone seems to work normally when I take calls so not sure why it's different for voice commands. Thoughts?

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When I press the right wheel to enter a voice command, I have to speak really loudly or otherwise it doesn't recognize any words.
Try aiming your mouth toward the map lights in the overhead console. That's where the microphone is. See if that helps at all.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country

Is there a way to adjust the input level? The microphone seems to work normally when I take calls so not sure why it's different for voice commands. Thoughts?
Denver_Kanuck, it helps if you don't say "eh" after every command. If you say "drive to Murphy's Irish Pub, eh" - that just confuses it. ;)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Denver_Kanuck, it helps if you don't say "eh" after every command. If you say "drive to Murphy's Irish Pub, eh" - that just confuses it. ;)
Not all Kanucks say "eh"... ;)

Seriously, I tried to speak towards the microphone. Sometimes it picks up the words normally. Sometimes nothing shows up on the screen even if I take my time and speak clearly. There's definitely a bug or something I don't understand.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I find Tesla's voice recognition to be much less capable than my phone's. I wish I could remember what all it thought I was saying when I was trying to say "bug report".