Model ≡ EU deliveries status

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Well put! "In hindsight" is the key word :)

I took delivery of my Model S yesterday, and Tesla also cancelled my Model 3 reservation super quick.
Glad I could help to support Model 3 in the last three years with my vote ;) It turned out to be an amazing car, just not for me (at this time)!
Congratulations! Which Model S did you get? Why don’t you add pics in the dedicated S forum? ;)

Frog

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Elon in Zeebrügge, Tilburg, Amsterdam and then Oslo.
Great to see he´s keeping his word and looking into service in Norway. It´s needed. Badly.
Please elaborate so that we EU-non-NO know what's coming...

Last edited:

3LR

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Please elaborate so that we EU-non-NO know what's coming...
It may be a bit offtopic here, but I´ll be brief.

Tesla has had a policy saying that they are not allowed to order parts for a car before they have acessed it. (car needs to be at service center) They also had policy stating that their techs are to limit their parts ordering to one order per car. A follow order is allowed, on paper, but techs get berated for follow up orders. Then they have in their infinite wisdom chosen not to stock parts locally, or even nationally. At all.

Elon, in the Q42018 earnings call adressed this issue. I belive his exact words were: "We´ve been incredibly stupid."
He´s now in Norway to fix this. So with any luck, this should be a non-issue for any other european country.

Matthias Fritz

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Also I just read on a German forum that in America, hardly anyone ordered a standard black car, whilst in Germany it is by far the most popular version. So when they produced the first batch of cars for Europe, they probably used these established American colour preferences. Hence the mix of cars on the Glovis means that car allocation is not matching demand. For example, there is a guy who ordered 28 January, and he already has a car allocated, whilst others (like me) who ordered 21 December still don't know what's going on.
sure. look at most cars here. Mercedes and Audi is hardly any different than black. do not draw attention lifestyle.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You may be right about that, and maybe Tesla won't even have a pre-order queue, who knows. The Model 3 has propelled them in to the spotlight and a larger volume manufacturer. They needed it for the 3 to get some press and attention and it worked. Now that they are talked about every day, they need to focus on the car, reveal, and good estimated timelines for build and delivery.

While it doesn't look like it now, the March 31, 2016 queue did work. It wasn't a perfect order of the first person in line got the first car, but it helped generally for the first 8 months. Those that already owned a Tesla got theirs first, those that were in line earlier in the day got theirs next, those middle of the day next and then those of us who were online pressing enter came along next, within a few weeks give or take. Maybe Tesla wasn't building the car some wanted, so they took themselves out of line and are still waiting in some cases on other models. Don't think though that the sign up process didn't work. It did help create some order.
I don't think anyone dealing with $35K to $70K products with a list of 400,000 people could ever get them perfectly out the door 1 by 1. So while it wasn't perfect and it didn't play out well for some people, the general concept did work and set some order. I knew once information was released and @Troy started tracking every detail very closely to when I would get to order. Several months out as he continued to fine tune he hit my order date within 2 days !!!!!!!!!!

If pre-orders and deposits are taken for the Y, it will simply be to gauge interest and provide some general guide lines again perhaps to generally who would get a car in the first couple of months vs a few months down the road. It will never be perfect and true FIFO, but a good generalization.
With a reservation shortly after the online reveal, estimated to be around the 160,000 reservation mark, I finalized my order the first hour I was invited, and it was delivered AFTER some that didn’t have a reservation AND ordered AFTER me for the identical model in the same geographic area. So Tesla could have done much better to honor the reservations for sure. Would I do it any differently and not put a reservation in. No.

MichelT3

ordered Blue LR AWD
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
With a reservation shortly after the online reveal, estimated to be around the 160,000 reservation mark, I finalized my order the first hour I was invited, and it was delivered AFTER some that didn’t have a reservation AND ordered AFTER me for the identical model in the same geographic area. So Tesla could have done much better to honor the reservations for sure. Would I do it any differently and not put a reservation in. No.
The same is happening now in Europe. We just have to accept that.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Those who already have their EU car, can you please help answer a few questions ideally with photos?

- detailed photo of license plate brackets front and rear
- does it have the orange side mark lights and reflectors near the front fog lights?
- side view mirrors - are both auto-dimming?
- confirmed Spotify? I know EU versions have DAB
- rear lights - fog lights and reverse - do they both have left and right light? Or is the fog light on the left only and reverse light on the right only?
- does it have physical door releases on the insight of the rear doors?
- photos of physical buttons inside the car - any difference to the US model?
- detailed summer tire info. Europe doesn’t have Michelin MXMs as far as I know...
- does the screen only show supercharger stalls with CCS plug? For example, How many supercharger stalls does the screen show in Prague (if any)? There have been historically 8 stalls. Need to check if/how many are CCS now.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Swann

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Those who already have their EU car, can you please help answer a few questions ideally with photos?

- detailed photo of license plate brackets front and rear
- does it have the orange side mark lights and reflectors near the front fog lights?
- side view mirrors - are both auto-dimming?
- confirmed Spotify? I know EU versions have DAB
- rear lights - fog lights and reverse - do they both have left and right light? Or is the fog light on the left only and reverse light on the right only?
- does it have physical door releases on the insight of the rear doors?
- photos of physical buttons inside the car - any difference to the US model?
- detailed summer tire info. Europe doesn’t have Michelin MXMs as far as I know...
- does the screen only show supercharger stalls with CCS plug? For example, How many supercharger stalls does the screen show in Prague (if any)? There have been historically 8 stalls. Need to check if/how many are CCS now.

Thanks!
- does it have the orange side mark lights and reflectors near the front fog lights? : No it is forbidden in Europe. it is white.

I let someone else respond to the rest