Model 3 base range estimation

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Perhaps but in the end it doesn't matter much as Tesla will have faster charging than CCS for long distance travel plus larger batteries as options.

A Bolt as good as it is for $37,500 will still only have 50kw charging and a 60kWh battery with no ability to expand.

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah really no matter how big the battery is unless you can charge it quickly and easily then longer trips become hard. Would be a great commuter car. I do expect Tesla will do their best to get the range above that, most think the 215 statement was very conservative so they'll have a big WOW moment at the unveiling of the production car.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Perhaps but in the end it doesn't matter much as Tesla will have faster charging than CCS for long distance travel plus larger batteries as options.

A Bolt as good as it is for $37,500 will still only have 50kw charging and a 60kWh battery with no ability to expand.
I read somewhere that GM is rumoured to lower the purchase price of the Bolt to that of the Model 3. Have you heard anything about that? Personally they could go lower in price than the Model 3 and I would still wait for my Tesla.