1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Model 3 is a Hit Powerwall 2 is a Hit Space X will bury USAlliance

Discussion in 'Tesla Discussions' started by nwfan, Sep 23, 2017.

More threads by nwfan
  1. nwfan

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Ft Worth TX
    Country
    We are at a time that brings back memories from early 2000's,
    I remember purchasing my 1st Apple iPod and thinking this device is amazing.
    It's software system and size had potenial, I could place my entire music library
    on a tiny device. Also listen to books. I believed this product would be lead-in to future
    devices. I need to mortgage my house and buy Apple stock. That Job guy had something up
    his sleeve IMHO. Nothing else was out there. I was right. Soon after, iPhone was announced and the rest is history, Apple stock was selling at 18 a share.

Tesla Model 3 is about to do the same thing IMHO, It will open people up
    world without gas. And hopefully Tesla visiion. Which will lead to other Tesla products
    or other companies products. I see Renewable energy taking off,
    When Tesla merged Solar City and introduced products like Powerwall and solar roof tiles
    to build on Solar City experience on delivering and installing solar systems to America,
    I knew it was time to change my home power source and go solar. Folks,
    SUN is free. Solar panels and soon solar roof tiles are improving at Moore's rate.
    This is the future. So glad Tesla is here to keep America in the lead in Power delivery.
    Look at what's happening in Aussie Land. Solar has exploded, Tesla powerwalls
    are helping people meet there energy needs 24 hrs a day, Massive wind farm energy is not going
    to waste but being stored in massive 100mw battery farms. Held in reserve to meet peak demand
    from the grid. What a great idea. That can also be translated into storing power from solar
    farms in America southwest. Same with massive wind generation. Tesla commerical energy
    is about to explode on the world. Wake Up Mr Trump before it's too late.

It's exciting, I've been watching with envy how Model 3 is starting to trickle out of CA into the
    hands of people at a cost that opens electric cars many more people. Wow, add solar and
    battery generation into the equation and you have a turning point in the 250 year fossil revolution,
    Sun, wind are free. Now that storage devices are coming online out of Sparks NV to provide power when
    sun is below the horizon or wind isn't blowing.

Folks it's time to invest in Tesla.

And lets not forget. SpaceX is about to bury United Space Alliance, They will deliver on country's payload into
    space at 1/3 of the cost. I would bet customers are going to be knocking at that doors,
    Low orbit internet is starting exciting, Hopefully Tesla example and products will spur Govt and industry
    to act before it's too late, I'm encouraged, So glad that Elon Musk did not take his proceeds from PayPal
    and lead life of a Playboy.

My drive - Model S75D
    My home power - Tesla Energy (Solar City) 10.8 kw solar system
    My home battery backup - Tesla Energy two Powerwall 2's

• Agree Agree x 1
    • SoFlaModel3

Impatiently Waiting
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      South Florida
      Tesla Owner:
      Reservation
      Country
      I would tend to agree. It remains critical (in the short term) for Tesla to get through production hell on Model 3 without misses. At that point the short interest will be done for and the stock can go nowhere but up!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • nwfan

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Ft Worth TX
        Country
        Yes it remains to be seen if Tesla can deliver in the 1st quarter of 2018 more cars than they built the previous 10 years combined. Wall Street thinks they can by over subscribing on 1.8 billiion bet.

I think they can.

If not, Tesla will be the DeLorean of the 21st Century,

• Brokedoc

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        New York
        Country
        #4 Brokedoc, Sep 23, 2017
        Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
        I agree with much of what you said but as much as I'm an Elon fanboy, I try not to drink the Koolaid and follow blindly.

Re: Model 3: Complete disruptive technology but because of the complete package including the Supercharging infrastructure, cost per mi of range, Tesla timeshare, FSD, complete radical design for beauty as well as function (take a look at @PTFI pics on the cavernous trunk with rear seats folded down!) And to think that the LRB version is already profitable even before ramping and economies of scale. AMAZING! I guarantee every other car maker will be reverse engineering this and shaking their heads as they slip faster into quicksand...

Re: Tesla Power aka Solarcity: again disruptive technology. #1 affordable mass storage but the true value will be in the power management technology. There is massive capital investment to buy the batteries but what use is the investment when the batteries lose 50% storage after 5 years? Tesla's power management and chemistry expertise can extend the lifespan of the storage MUCH longer. #2 the solar tiles remove the need to install regular shingles first so the solar install is essentially subsidized. I can see MANY people affected by the recent hurricanes wanting to do the Tesla solar tiles route if Tesla can ramp quickly and get the tiles to them. All those affected by hurricanes are in PRIME location for solar generation and the tiles are MUCH more resistant to weather damage than shingles for future hurricanes...i wonder if there were already Solar Tile installs in the south that survived the recent hurricanes...

Space X: definitely disruptive also because of the recycling of expensive components. NASA saved some money by using a reusable space shuttle but the boosters and fuel tank and bureaucracy of NASA ate up those savings. Space X will shortly become the pre-eminent global extraterrestrial transport and travel provider even surpassing government abilities. That being said, it is in the U.S. government's best interest to continue spreading out contracts to ensure provider redundancy and will be in the best interest of other nations to continue their programs for national security/privacy reasons.

• Agree Agree x 2