Model 3 Owners Club Model 3 videos

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Hi folks. Wow, my video about the Model 3 details has taken on a life of it's own and I didn't expect that. I guess that's the power of social media :)

Let me know if you have any ideas of what I can cover in terms of questions and I'll do my best to answer them for you in a burst of short video blogs.

Thanks
Trev

Hi folks. Wow, my video about the Model 3 details has taken on a life of it's own and I didn't expect that. I guess that's the power of social media :)

Let me know if you have any ideas of what I can cover in terms of questions and I'll do my best to answer them for you in a burst of short video blogs.

Thanks
Trev

Thank you for this hidden details video. This is how I found this Club. Thank you again doing this for us.

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Model 3 details video blog, part Deux is up !! Watch for our battery details video coming soon...

Last edited:

EV3Tim

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very helpful videos, Trev, thank you! How do we find your YouTube channel (to subscribe)?

Also, any advice welcome on how best to configure 240V recharging plug in garage. Am getting power put into garage (separate from house) shortly to power new garage doors and want to include set up for our 3/31 reserved M3. (Planning ahead).

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Very helpful videos, Trev, thank you! How do we find your YouTube channel (to subscribe)?

Also, any advice welcome on how best to configure 240V recharging plug in garage. Am getting power put into garage (separate from house) shortly to power new garage doors and want to include set up for our 3/31 reserved M3. (Planning ahead).
Best recommendation is to get at least a NEMA14-50 plug installed. That's 240Volt @ 50AMPs. This way you can use the mobile connector that comes with the car and get level 2 charging. If you opt for Tesla's HPWC (High powered wall connector) which is hard-wired you can keep the mobile connector in the car. The HPWC has the ability to accept 80AMs which is useful for cars with dual chargers like Model S (optional) or a Model X with the optional 72 AMP charger. We don't know what Model 3 will come with but it will be level 2 capable at the very least.

I would suspect they would offer the same single 72AMP charger option as Model X since it's cheaper than the older dual charger system on the Model S. Progress is a wonderful thing ;)

EV3Tim

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Best recommendation is to get at least a NEMA14-50 plug installed. That's 240Volt @ 50AMPs. This way you can use the mobile connector that comes with the car and get level 2 charging. If you opt for Tesla's HPWC (High powered wall connector) which is hard-wired you can keep the mobile connector in the car. The HPWC has the ability to accept 80AMs which is useful for cars with dual chargers like Model S (optional) or a Model X with the optional 72 AMP charger. We don't know what Model 3 will come with but it will be level 2 capable at the very least.

I would suspect they would offer the same single 72AMP charger option as Model X since it's cheaper than the older dual charger system on the Model S. Progress is a wonderful thing ;)
Thank you very much, Trev! Very helpful!

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Thanks for the wealth of information and history lesson, it really helps in understanding what went on historically and why verses what could happen with 3.
Like many other companies, Tesla is a creature of habit. If you know their history is helps with predicting what they will do in the future to a certain extent. I have a few other videos of Tesla officials in the Tesla Officials video thread here

http://model3ownersclub.com/threads/tesla-officials-founders-investors-video.14/

Anyone interested in Tesla history should watch them.

Per speaking to my electrician here in CA, it is fairly simple via changing breaker at the panel and installing the plug at wall. NEMA 14-50 is recommended and electrician is very familiar with that.

Last edited:

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
You can edit your post instead of posting a correction. If you're on a phone tap the "more" link at the bottom to see the edit link.

EV3Tim

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Per speaking to my electrician here in CA, it is fairly simple via changing breaker at the panel and installing the plug at wall. NEMA 14-50 is recommended and electrician is very familiar wit that.
Thank you, John! A Tesla-certified electrician stopped by yesterday to prep for a free quote and said much the same thing.