Model 3 Performance springs on Model 3 Dual Motor?

Cid

Country
Country
Anyone know if the Model 3 Performance springs, which I believe are a bit lower than standard springs, would fit regular Model 3 dual motor?

msjulie

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's some debate on the TMC forum about if there really is a difference or if it is a side effect of the changes for the 20" rims - I'd love to learn the real scoop..

Last edited:

Cid

Country
Country
Is it possible to even order the part from Tesla? I mean, I'd much rather pay, say $400 for a set of factory lowering springs than getting 1" or more lowering from 3rd party suppliers.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Both Unplugged and Tsportline are waiting for their AWD springs to come in. The front motor weighs another 300 lbs and while one person has used the moderate springs at Unplugged, it was much lower due to that weight. Almost 2.5 inches. We'll just have to wait till November. Or go big and get coilovers.

Country
Country
...waiting on suspension modifications for the AWD a well. May go with the coilovers from MPP. I was able to ride in a Model 3 with MPP Sport coilovers. There were 4 adults in the car and the test ride was through a dirt parking lot and on paved curvy road. Wasn't bouncy, not stiff, no bottom'n-out -felt like stock ride (MPP = https://www.mountainpassperformance.com)

Cid

Country
Country
Update: Tesla released their parts catalog to the public, you can find it here.

The part numbers for the springs are as follows:
DAMPER ASSY, FRONT-LEFT, COIL PDM E3: 1044363-04-B (one spring)
DAMPER ASSY, FRONT-RIGHT, COIL PDM E3: 1044368-04-B (one spring)
RR SPRING, COIL 74.0-7200P: 1044472-94-A (set of 2)

I would also buy new spring "isolator" rubber mounts if you're doing the swap.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
There's still some controversy. I'm still trying to figure out what parts are for what car. For instance, I have the P3D+ and I do not have that part number front damper. The rear spring I have is listed on the catalog for performance, but it makes the rear sit 1/2" higher on my car. Others on TMC forum have posted a different part number for their rear springs and they have even height front to back. I have a feeling at some point they changed the part numbers to the "lowered suspension" parts for the P3+ but ran out of parts or something. It's all I can think of. My front left damper part number is 1044379-04 and that doesn't exist in the catalog. My rear spring part number is 1044472-94 which is listed as a performance spring but sits too high, where other P+ owners listed their rear spring part number as 1044472-04 and that doesn't exist on the catalog. No one at Tesla has been able to confirm anything for me but I'm sure they'll say I have the correct parts.

MountainPass

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not as MPP but as a long time modifier of cars - why go through all the effort of removing your springs only to install marginally "better" ones? I would hang in there until there are better options.