Model 3 Pictures

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Here's the matte black prototype that was spotted at the factory.

Should help some of you who wanted to see it in the daylight.

MJfu14M.jpg 9629bkj.jpg

Reggie

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Definitely like the Matte black over the gloss. Very future looking. It's a color I would consider along with my first choice, Red.

I can see why matte black is a popular option, but it just doesn't do it for me. In one of the test ride videos, you can see fingerprints all over the handles and trunk area. I imagine it's going to be difficult to keep clean. Also not a fan of those rims, either. They look like black pinwheels to me.

However, it is unique and I can see how it would be sporty looking. Even though it's not my taste, I'm happy that Tesla is strongly considering it as a production option.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
The paint is a matte finish similar to BMW's "Frozen" paint. You have to be very careful with these types of finishes, you can't wax them, you can't use anything abrasive on them, you can't buff out scratches. It's basically a matte clear coat instead of a glossy clear coat. And it attracts fingerprints.

Watch this video for more information on the paint and how to maintain it. You might change your mind...

JeffinAZ

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The paint is a matte finish similar to BMW's "Frozen" paint. You have to be very careful with these types of finishes, you can't wax them, you can't use anything abrasive on them, you can't buff out scratches. It's basically a matte clear coat instead of a glossy clear coat. And it attracts fingerprints.

Watch this video for more information on the paint and how to maintain it. You might change your mind...

I definitley have changed mine after seeing the vid--thanks for the info...

TE3LA

Country
Country
The silver Model 3 prototype was just spotted at the factory.

Only first few seconds of this one appear to be new footage, but thanks for posting! That silver paint looks absolutely amazing.

Its going to be a tough 2 years jonzing for new glimpses of the M3 in public!