Model 3 referral code

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I was told in a facebook group I am in (teslanomics group) that the model 3 is getting referral codes, at least one person has gotten this. has anyone else got this on the forums?

they have never owned a model s only a model 3
here are the screen grabs.

notice the prize box

was curious if anyone got this also or if im the only one left out in the dark.

They received theirs January 3, 2018.

Thanks!

[MOD EDIT] removed image of code referral codes not permitted to be posted per forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

ghoticov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And that person was ME. :)

And if anyone is purchasing an X or an S, please use my referral code.... my kid really wants the kids tesla. lol

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes I have one. On Model 3 it’s a manual process so they are slowing rolling out. If you call support they’ll push you through and you should get it within a day.

Tchris

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, does anyone know what these referral codes are good for, for either party? Certainly not free charging.

AugustaDriver

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The problem with the code is that none of the people I've shown my car to want anything other than a Model 3, and I expect for the foreseeable future (400,000 cars) Tesla doesn't need that many more reservations.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, does anyone know what these referral codes are good for, for either party? Certainly not free charging.
Looks like free supercharging to me -- remember only for an S/X though.

IMG_2331.png

Last edited:

TSLA_Model<3

Yes I have one. On Model 3 it’s a manual process so they are slowing rolling out. If you call support they’ll push you through and you should get it within a day.
I was told by Tesla the following: (No Referral code for Model 3 owners.. very disappointed. :( )

As it turns out, the referral program is presently limited to Model S and Model X. As a result, you do not have a specific referral code to provide to others. I have included the details and limitations of our referral program in its current iteration below: https://www.tesla.com/support/referral-program

ghoticov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was told by Tesla the following: (No Referral code for Model 3 owners.. very disappointed. :( )

As it turns out, the referral program is presently limited to Model S and Model X. As a result, you do not have a specific referral code to provide to others. I have included the details and limitations of our referral program in its current iteration below: https://www.tesla.com/support/referral-program
I am a Model 3 owner and I have a referral code to give to others. In fact, I was able to use my own referral code to order our Model X.

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yep 2 friends have got solar quotes and I have one to a friend of my dad's saying he wants a model x so it took a while but I got one.

Tstroud

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

My brother is thinking about getting an S, so I called up Tesla and even though I'm only a Model 3 owner (first Tesla), they added a referral link to my account and app so my brother could get free supercharging (and the employee said that I would also be eligible for the wall connector or Tesla for kids toy).

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I think the confusion is that you can’t use a referral code on Model 3, not that Model 3 owners can’t have one.

Derik

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I haven't seen mine anywhere. I had a friend who just bought and S, but lucky for him he found another friend with a code.

phigment

Country
Country
I only own a model 3 (no S, X or solar). I just got my referral code the other day. Almost 1 month after completing the purchase of my 3.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Found out that Tesla rep was misinformed. But I still do not have Loot treasure box next to my APP that give me my referral code.
When you call the 800# they should be able to give you your code. If you don’t have a referral need right away, don’t worry the loot box will show up soon!

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm still trying for our first referral, no luck so far but the effort/journey has been pretty fun... getting to talk with people about the cars, the company and the future!

I had Tesla come out with a Model S from Westmont once. Grilled out, had beverages and lots of friends and coworkers over. It was a good time.

Someday the elusive 1st referral will come! :)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When you call the 800# they should be able to give you your code. If you don’t have a referral need right away, don’t worry the loot box will show up soon!
Were they able to do this while you waited on the phone? Just spoke with Tesla and they said it would take a few hours.

Last edited: