Model 3 Suitable for families?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

Jef6050

Ok, not the most interesting design question - but is it? Will fit child seats, pram in the trunk etc?

My husband and I have reserved our Model 3 today, woo hoo! The model S and X were too expensive for us, but this is perfect. We live 5 mins from a supercharger and there is a council car park below our apartment with 4 free electric charging bays.

While you don't get much in the way of financial incentives here in Sydney ($30 off registration, Thanks Mike Baird!), we love the look of the car, the technology, the fact it will keep updating like a computer, safety, etc etc, and we want to do our bit to help change the industry towards electric cars.

But, by the time it's delivered, we'll probably be in the family stage of our lives, want to make sure it will work with that as well.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
All cars today are required by law to have the latch style child seat catches installed in the rear seats. Model 3 won't be any different.

The rear trunk has lots of space I'm told. This is a BMW 3 series competitor and lots of families have those. Unless you suffer from the North American affliction of needing a mini van to lug around your specious snowflakes and all their toys ;)

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tweet from Musk in reply to a question about child seats.
"Will easily fit two child seats. Three if you buy slim seats."

Last edited by a moderator: