My 3D printed wall charger holder

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

PatrickM

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I printed up this freely downloadable 3D printable tesla wall charger holder to hold the Tesla Mobile charger plug.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1239550/

IMG_0217.JPG
And yeah, the sheetrock has seen better days... it's on my list of things to fix one of these days.

So you can buy these sorts of things for $25 on Amazon, but there's something cool about making it yourself. I'm pleased with how it looks and how it works and it fit the spot on my wall perfectly and the Amazon ones were going to be too big. I am using the Tesla Mobile charger that came with my Model 3 and I have the NEMA 14-50 installed in the ceiling and then I have the cable hanging down.

My local public library printed it for $6. Note that it needs to be scaled to 107% or so because the author made it slightly too small. So if you print it yourself then scale it up by 107% before slicing it, or if you are paying someone else to make it make sure to tell them.

Jason Bourne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is a 3D ptintable UMC holder as well. I called everywhere locally to find someone to print it for me, but I couldn't local a 3D printer so I had to pay ThingVerse to print it and mail it to me.

Anyone willing to print up this holder for me too? Pretty please?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is a 3D ptintable UMC holder as well. I called everywhere locally to find someone to print it for me, but I couldn't local a 3D printer so I had to pay ThingVerse to print it and mail it to me.

Oh I want that! We should confirm first that the gen1 UMC is the same size as the gen2.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country

A lot of local libraries have 3D printers now for use. Otherwise, you may be able to find a student at a local college that can print it for you.

EDIT:
I don't know where in PA you live but I found this:
http://www.timesreporter.com/news/2...akes-games-using-3d-printer-at-county-library

Last edited:

PatrickM

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

My printer is still under construction or else I'd volunteer. For now I've been using my public library - who are amazing. Just make sure that you specifically tell whomever is printing it to scale it by 107% or else it will be too small.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks. I went back to change it right after I posted and I couldn't see a way to change the title. Is that something users can change or is it just a mod thing?

Anyway, thank you.
Yeah, you can edit the titles of your own posts. There's an "Edit Title" link hidden under the "Thread Tools" menu located at the top of each page on the right-hand side.

Jason Bourne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks everyone. I’ve tried my local library, Staples and everywhere else around me I can think of. No luck so far.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks everyone. I’ve tried my local library, Staples and everywhere else around me I can think of. No luck so far.
Just buy a 3D printer. They're not very expensive anymore.
We have one of these at work, and it's been fine:
MP Select Mini 3D Printer V2, $179.99 + free shipping in the U.S.

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I printed out a couple holders for possible future use with the Mobile Connector.

Those are very nice designs.

This is my own version:

IMG_20180303_101443130_HDR.jpg

It is a two piece design with a bracket to hide the screws.
Also the cord receptacle is designed around two axis - one for inserting the cord, and one for resting it. Makes for a smoother insertion and removal process.

PatrickM

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Those are very nice designs.

This is my own version:

It is a two piece design with a bracket to hide the screws.
Also the cord receptacle is designed around two axis - one for inserting the cord, and one for resting it. Makes for a smoother insertion and removal process.
Nice design. I like the slide. That's great looking semi-transparent filament too - which is that?

AllaninAtlanta

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I'd be happy to print something for someone. Just need you to cover costs (shipping, PLA). Not too many requests because these things take all day to print so I could quickly be in production hell.

Travelwolf

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
check your local high school. I work at one and had our PLTW teacher do one for me. I will get a picture off my phone to put up, it looks pretty sharp, white with a red tesla logo

Travelwolf

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
IMG_7121.JPG IMG_7106.JPG

Here is a Side view before I painted the logo and a front View after I painted it. I did have them print it at 108% and I took it to a supercharger to make sure it fit before I installed it. I also used a fine grit sandpaper to smooth it out before I painted it because it comes off the printer pretty rough feeling

Jason Bourne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 6171 View attachment 6172

Here is a Side view before I painted the logo and a front View after I painted it. I did have them print it at 108% and I took it to a supercharger to make sure it fit before I installed it. I also used a fine grit sandpaper to smooth it out before I painted it because it comes off the printer pretty rough feeling
Great job!