My new center console

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

COM3

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Looks like a different pattern: leather?

Leather pattern close-up:

That's my guess. Different pattern than what's currently being offered. I have a vinyl cutter and some experience with applying 3m Di-Noc (more pattern options than what's being offerered currently), so even though I have a Matte Black kit already, I may order some different material and do my dash and center console (once my car gets here).

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you also have the matrix black on the dash (over the wood)?

Also, my OCD wants you to vacuum! :p

Matrix black on the dash. It is probably getting change soon though. I am thinking lambskin to keep the finish consistent.

My OCD says hello. Wants your OCD to know that he has already taken care of it. ;) I was too excited about taking pictures before the cleanup after the project.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Matrix black on the dash. It is probably getting change soon though. I am thinking lambskin to keep the finish consistent.

My OCD says hello. Wants your OCD to know that he has already taken care of it. ;) I was too excited about taking pictures before the cleanup after the project.
Very cool idea! Looking forward to your results with the lambskin. I think the console looks very “luxury vehicle” ...also looks like it was a LOT of work.

Oh, and my OCD adamantly approves of your arrangement of priorities.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Lovesword ,

I don't have a wide enough piece of lambskin to make the grain line up correctly, so I used the synthetic leather instead. I am pretty happy with how it all turned out. Will enjoy it for a few months before I start playing with colors.

20180821_165849.jpg

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Lovesword ,

I don't have a wide enough piece of lambskin to make the grain line up correctly, so I used the synthetic leather instead. I am pretty happy with how it all turned out. Will enjoy it for a few months before I start playing with colors.

View attachment 13432
Really looks nice, very much like an option straight from Tesla. Well done!

EK711

Country
Country
Chojn1,

I sent you a message back in July but never heard back. Not sure if you received it. Can you make sure I’m on the list for the sunglasses holder and bin?

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Chojn1,

I sent you a message back in July but never heard back. Not sure if you received it. Can you make sure I’m on the list for the sunglasses holder and bin?
Hi @EK711,
They are still working on June requests.
You are on the list.
CJ

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Open the right side of the center console.
There is a two wire (brown and white) plug which connects the LED from inside the middle center console to 12v.
Unplug this, and plug in your own 12v LED. The plug/connector is the same one used in all the interior LED's.
Attach that LED to the underside of the display mount.
The lid open/close sensor is not wired in line with this power line, so you're good to go.

20180924_072041.jpg

This is the LED strip and connector I used for the trunk. You only need a strip of 3 LEDs for this purpose.

20180703_090950.jpg