My3

Discussion in 'Tesla Experiences' started by mastre, Jul 7, 2018.

1. mastre

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    #1 mastre, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018 at 11:51 PM

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Quicksilver

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Congrats on your final decision! It looks like you are certainly passionate about cars. Looking forward to your opinion once you take delivery. Enjoy! :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jarrod Skrehot

Expand Collapse

Way too much info above!

4. KenF

Expand Collapse

Country
    #4 KenF, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    You are not alone. I am having the same struggle on color. I am configured for white but, in my mind, I switch between red, silver, and white on a daily basis.

Red is my favorite color but I want a low maintenance color. Tesla maintenance staff tell me that maintenance on the black and blue is the worst because they show every spec of dirt, every swirl in the paint, and even the finest of scratches. They tell me that maintenance on MSM and red is comparable — both show light dirt, paint swirls, and fine scratches, and neither should ever be run through a car wash unless it’s brushless. They tell me that I have to go white or metallic silver for low maintenance, or metallic silver if I don’t have a garage and live in an area with lots of bugs.

Metallic silver and white are a good 5-10 degrees coolor inside than MSM and blue on a hot day, which is a plus. Not sure about the temps in the red.

But metallic silver seems like a color for someone who can’t make up their mind. It is the safe, plainchoice but do I really want the safe, plain choice on a $70K car that is supposed to be fun? White looks stunning in light and is easily visible (safe) at night, but the AP senors in the front and rear are much more obvious. And what if I get one of the dreaded cars without the matching white bumper?

5. SimonMatthews

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Be bold. Have a car that stands out. Get red!

6. Gavyne

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Hear hear! It's harder to see the lovely and beautiful curves on the Model 3 in White (in my opinion). There are truly elegant curves all along the front and sides of the car. If you want your car to stand out and pop, be bold lol. Silver does show the curves better, but silver is a very common color on the road. Red will turn people's heads, guaranteed. Although if you floor it, their heads won't be turned for long. :D

On a more serious note, you want to chose the color that you want the most, without worrying about maintenance. Truth is if you want your car to look shiny and new, you're going to have to maintain it properly one way or another.

7. Vin

Vin
    Expand Collapse

Country
    Maybe this will help ;) No regrets so far with white and it really shows off Franz' design...(i like all of the colors though to be honest, but so glad i chose white this time, first white car ever)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
Model 3 Owners Club © 2018. All rights reserved.
Model 3 Owners Club (M3OC) is an enthusiast club and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or the Tesla Motors Club Forum (TMC).
All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.