1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

MyGreenCar App looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by mig, Sep 29, 2017.

More threads by mig
  1. mig

mig
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    California
    Country
    The "MyGreenCar" app developed at the Berkeley Lab is beta testing and actively looking for volunteers, and I thought perhaps at least some M3OC members may find it of interest.

http://mygreencar.com/

I'm not associated with this research, so I don't know exactly what they're doing, but their mission is to show users what vehicles will be most efficient and perhaps most appropriate for their actual driving by tracking their driving routes and style.

"Install the app and choose the cars you have your eyes on. You can choose from our database of almost 5,000 car models. As you drive around in your current car, the MyGreenCar app works behind the scenes to measure how you're driving, the traffic you get stuck in, the hills you go up and down, and more."​

Given the mission of the lab, I imagine they may also use anonymized data for basic transportation research, but I really don't know for certain.