Name and shame

Jayc

Country
Country
Not sure whether you all have noticed the anti-tesla rhetoric heating up but lately, several media channels including Business Insider seem to have taken things to the next level with their reporters openly showing a personal vendetta against EM and Tesla. For example have a read through what Linette Lopez tweets on a daily basis https://twitter.com/lopezlinette IMO these are not automated bots but a well planned campaign of attack by corrupt journalists and those with a conflict of interest to mislead the public.

As a fan of Tesla and EM himself, I personally feel very discouraged at all this. And it is undeniable that all this nonsense is going to have a detrimental effect on Tesla's mission to succeed. Now I have no affiliation to Tesla - the company but I do feel I have a strong connection to what they are trying to achieve. I have all the faith in Tesla that they will over achieve on what they have promised but I am not so sure in their ability to cope with the external unwarranted pressure. This is due to the way social media works. But numbers matter when there are real people interested in standing up for what is right.

This question is mostly for the moderators here... is there anything we can do towards this? Anyway we can help attack the misinformation out there?

If I had a choice, I would much rather prefer to get on with my day job and happily continue talking about the Model 3 which we all love but I feel we should do more.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This question is mostly for the moderators here... is there anything we can do towards this? Anyway we can help attack the misinformation out there?
The best way to counteract this is to share the good articles, on social media or just among your friends and family. When you get your Model 3, show it off to people. Explain how the overnight charging works, and how much more convenient it is. When they ask questions that are prompted by the various hit-piece articles (they catch on fire/they run over people/it takes too long to charge/etc.), explain why it's not true.

Don't try to combat the negative articles directly. That just brings more attention to them. You're never going to change the minds of the people with an agenda to destroy Musk/Tesla. But you can definitely sway the opinions of people who only have a casual understanding of Tesla and electric cars. The majority of the public still have no real idea of what a Tesla is like. It can be a real eye-opening experience for these people when you give them a ride for the first time.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Our job is to spread the good news in the other direction. Sadly we live in the “fake news” era. Without getting political — that’s really all you can say. No one is held accountable.

Just keep fighting the good fight and they will lose in due time!

Dr. J

Private
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If I had a choice, I would much rather prefer to get on with my day job and happily continue talking about the Model 3 which we all love but I feel we should do more.
I recommend filtering out the b.s. Hard to do, but worth trying.

Mesprit87

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
The number of people at work telling me that Tesla is having a hard time and have issues with production is overwhelming.
Personally, I debunk the information they have and I take the time to inform them about the real issue here.
I guess arriving at work with my (yeah,still waiting) car will help my argument:)

PNWmisty

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
It's getting ridiculous. Note the publications that sponsor such stories (Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, etc.) and make sure you are not supporting them with subscriptions or clicks. The worst is yet to come, hold on!