Navigation and Superchargers

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We did a round trip from San Francisco to Los Angles in our M3 a few weeks ago. Using the navigation, it picks a supercharger to stop at. For example it had us stop at the Kettleman City, CA on the way down. Very nice supercharger with a Tesla lounge.

However, we wanted to make another supercharger stop in LA prior to our destination to charge (there wan't a destination charger where we were going) and to get some dinner. Similar on our way home, we wanted to stop for a charge and food.

I couldn't figure out a way to select a specific supercharger in the navigation and still have it route to our destination. We ended up using it to go from supercharger to supercharger. OK, but could be better.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

ahagge

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
AFAIK, the only way right now is to navigate to the charger you want to use first, then once you're there, navigate to your final destination. I agree that this would be a worthwhile addition - hopefully one of these days.

Another option (if you're planning in advance) would be to use a tool like A Better Route Planner...

Tom Bodera

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Yeah there’s no intermediate destination at this point. Not really sure why. The salesman routing problem has been easily solved over 10 years ago.
This is at the top of my wish list. Multiple location routing. Please pretty please. I do not keep wanting to resort to evtripplanner but at least there is an alternative.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Navi took us to downtown Lexington, VA, to the Presbyterian Church, at Nelson & Main Street. But the Supercharger is located on Main St. at the exit of of I 81 behind the Applebys and next to the Hampton Inn. I'll try Navi again on our return trip.

littlD

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
During our #MiddieGoesToYellowstone trip, Tesla Nav took us to some guy's private driveway in Jackson, WY. The superchargers were across the fence at Jackson Whole Grocer and Cafe.

JOUL3S

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is one reason why I can't wait for software version 9 to arrive.

Navigation could use a big update. Multiple stops is a glaring omission.

Also the supercharger thing - on our road trip to San Antonio The thing said we would arrive with like 10% battery but still didn't schedule an automatic supercharger stop. I wasn't comfortable with that and wanted to stop over at Flatonia but had to cancel the trip to navigate to the Flatonia supercharger instead. Do not like.

richj

Country
Country
I graduated from college 50 years ago and it was taught back then. However, that problem actually solved for optimally routing a collection of destinations. Adding one or more intermediate stops along a route is trivial, and has been available on lots of other cars for many years. It's clear the engineers just haven't decided to implement it. They need to hear from us.