1. It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Navigation and Superchargers

Discussion in 'Software and Firmware' started by Bob Hinden, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Bob Hinden

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    We did a round trip from San Francisco to Los Angles in our M3 a few weeks ago. Using the navigation, it picks a supercharger to stop at. For example it had us stop at the Kettleman City, CA on the way down. Very nice supercharger with a Tesla lounge.

However, we wanted to make another supercharger stop in LA prior to our destination to charge (there wan't a destination charger where we were going) and to get some dinner. Similar on our way home, we wanted to stop for a charge and food.

I couldn't figure out a way to select a specific supercharger in the navigation and still have it route to our destination. We ended up using it to go from supercharger to supercharger. OK, but could be better.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

2. ahagge

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    AFAIK, the only way right now is to navigate to the charger you want to use first, then once you're there, navigate to your final destination. I agree that this would be a worthwhile addition - hopefully one of these days.

Another option (if you're planning in advance) would be to use a tool like A Better Route Planner...

3. tivoboy

Expand Collapse

Country
    Yeah there’s no intermediate destination at this point. Not really sure why. The salesman routing problem has been easily solved over 10 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tom Bodera

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    No
    Country
    This is at the top of my wish list. Multiple location routing. Please pretty please. I do not keep wanting to resort to evtripplanner but at least there is an alternative.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fred Hoaglin

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Navi took us to downtown Lexington, VA, to the Presbyterian Church, at Nelson & Main Street. But the Supercharger is located on Main St. at the exit of of I 81 behind the Applebys and next to the Hampton Inn. I'll try Navi again on our return trip.

6. littlD

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    During our #MiddieGoesToYellowstone trip, Tesla Nav took us to some guy's private driveway in Jackson, WY. The superchargers were across the fence at Jackson Whole Grocer and Cafe.

7. JOUL3S

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    This is one reason why I can't wait for software version 9 to arrive.

Navigation could use a big update. Multiple stops is a glaring omission.

Also the supercharger thing - on our road trip to San Antonio The thing said we would arrive with like 10% battery but still didn't schedule an automatic supercharger stop. I wasn't comfortable with that and wanted to stop over at Flatonia but had to cancel the trip to navigate to the Flatonia supercharger instead. Do not like.

8. Bob Hinden

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I agree, it would be better if you told it what percent charge you wanted and it would route to superchargers to do that.

The website: https://abetterrouteplanner.com has that feature. We used that to plan our last trip and used it to supplement the onboard nav system.