Navigation Volume

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The Volume for turn by turn directions had gotten pretty low and I was not able to hear when I had the music up high. I noticed today that if you scroll the volume wheel up or down WHILE the navigation voice is speaking, you can adjust the nav volume level specifically. I don't see a specific menu option anywhere for nav Volume, so I guess you have to catch it while it's speaking. Maybe everyone already knows, but figured I'd share :)

Charlie W

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed today that if you scroll the volume wheel up or down WHILE the navigation voice is speaking, you can adjust the nav volume level specifically. I don't see a specific menu option anywhere for nav Volume, so I guess you have to catch it while it's speaking. Maybe everyone already knows, but figured I'd share :)
@Zombietech Although I wasn't aware of the "scrolling the volume wheel for navigation volume while she's speaking" trick, I noticed the little speaker icon to the RIGHT of the TOP navigation instruction. By tapping on that speaker icon, I found that I could adjust (even mute) the navigation volume. (Actually, I keep learning new things every day by just pushing buttons on the screen even when my Model 3 is parked in the garage.) Best wishes to you, as we keep learning together!

~Charlie

Rhaekar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Zombietech Although I wasn't aware of the "scrolling the volume wheel for navigation volume while she's speaking" trick, I noticed the little speaker icon to the RIGHT of the TOP navigation instruction. By tapping on that speaker icon, I found that I could adjust (even mute) the navigation volume. (Actually, I keep learning new things every day by just pushing buttons on the screen even when my Model 3 is parked in the garage.) Best wishes to you, as we keep learning together!

~Charlie
There's a mute button on the left for the parking sensors too.