Need ideas for hanging a lot of clothes from the dry cleaners?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tend to do a lot of dry cleaning especially for my work clothes. In my old ICE vehicle I had one of those hand handles at the top on each side which functioned great for hanging a lot of clothes. Now we have these two tiny hooks in the Model 3. Anyone figure out how to work around this? Modifications? Etc? I could just lay the clothes flat in the backseat but it could easily fall off and shift around during my drive.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tend to do a lot of dry cleaning especially for my work clothes. In my old ICE vehicle I had one of those hand handles at the top on each side which functioned great for hanging a lot of clothes. Now we have these two tiny hooks in the Model 3. Anyone figure out how to work around this? Modifications? Etc? I could just lay the clothes flat in the backseat but it could easily fall off and shift around during my drive.
I just use both sides and it seems good for upwards of 7 shirts on each side

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just use both sides and it seems good for upwards of 7 shirts on each side
Unfortunately I I tend to have 20-30 articles of clothing each time I drop off and pick up. Probably means I’ll just have to go more frequently and drop off less clothes to make this work until someone comes up with a better modification. Thanks!

Tesla Newbie

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My dad used a clothes rod that extended over the back seat in his 1968 Chevrolet Impala, like this one on amazon. I’m not recommending it one way or the other, but your post brought back great memories of sitting in my little corner of the back seat drowning in the clothes my parents chose to hang rather than pack in a suitcase for a family vacation.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Unfortunately I I tend to have 20-30 articles of clothing each time I drop off and pick up. Probably means I’ll just have to go more frequently and drop off less clothes to make this work until someone comes up with a better modification. Thanks!
Yeah, I’ve just grown accustomed to going weekly.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My dad used a clothes rod that extended over the back seat in his 1968 Chevrolet Impala, like this one on amazon.
Yep, I used to use one similar to that in my 89 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Just hang each end from the two coat hooks above each rear door, and the entire rear seat area can carry your clothes on hangers.
</getoffmylawn>

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My dad used a clothes rod that extended over the back seat in his 1968 Chevrolet Impala, like this one on amazon. I’m not recommending it one way or the other, but your post brought back great memories of sitting in my little corner of the back seat drowning in the clothes my parents chose to hang rather than pack in a suitcase for a family vacation.
Reminds me of my college days when I would drive to and from home. Normally cloths would be hung on the cloths rod and be clean on the way to school, then on the returned trips, cloths would be in big bags in the trunk. :D

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
instead of laying things on the back seat (which I am sure would slither off and onto the floor), you could string something between the upper LATCH child seat anchors and hook the hangers on it.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would not trust the hooks for more than a single item. kinda surprised we've not heard of anyone breaking one yet.