New MCU processor for Model S/X - Possibly the same as Model 3?

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
There is a new MCU processor seen in a Model S with a build date of 2/18. The usual slow UI (compared to lightning fast Model 3 UI) is now just as fast. Software queries suggest the processor is Intel instead of the older Tegra. UI build on this Model S is also not a build available fleet-wide 2018.6.50. Also newer hardware like 5Ghz Wifi.

What makes this SUPER exciting is that this is like finding the "missing link" between Neanderthals and Homo-Sapiens. If this Model S has the Model 3 MCU processor but all of the software functions common to the S/X like auto high beams and 5 seat heated seats, wifi, that would mean that these features could be coming to the Model 3 much sooner.

Fingers crossed!:)

Last edited:

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
While the news is awesome I feel for the people who recently purchased the X and just missed this update. Like @TrevP
I knew I was going to miss this update but given that Tesla updates their cars on a regular basis you'd better come to terms that you're never going to be able to keep on top of things so be happy with what you bought. I am perfectly happy with my X the way it is :)