New MCU processor for Model S/X - Possibly the same as Model 3?

Discussion in 'Tesla Discussions' started by Brokedoc, Mar 14, 2018.

More threads by Brokedoc
  1. Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model X
    Country
    #1 Brokedoc, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    There is a new MCU processor seen in a Model S with a build date of 2/18. The usual slow UI (compared to lightning fast Model 3 UI) is now just as fast. Software queries suggest the processor is Intel instead of the older Tegra. UI build on this Model S is also not a build available fleet-wide 2018.6.50. Also newer hardware like 5Ghz Wifi.

What makes this SUPER exciting is that this is like finding the "missing link" between Neanderthals and Homo-Sapiens. If this Model S has the Model 3 MCU processor but all of the software functions common to the S/X like auto high beams and 5 seat heated seats, wifi, that would mean that these features could be coming to the Model 3 much sooner.

Fingers crossed!:)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Tom Bodera

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    No
    Country
    While the news is awesome I feel for the people who recently purchased the X and just missed this update. Like @TrevP

3. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Founder M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model X
    Country
    I knew I was going to miss this update but given that Tesla updates their cars on a regular basis you'd better come to terms that you're never going to be able to keep on top of things so be happy with what you bought. I am perfectly happy with my X the way it is :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1