1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

New Model 3 owner?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by SnoopyTesla, Aug 6, 2017.

More threads by SnoopyTesla
  1. SnoopyTesla

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Markham, ON
    Country
    #1 SnoopyTesla, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Hey everyone:

In the GTA here. Just put down my 1k to get a Model 3, so of course, I have questions.

1) There is a Flo charging station across the street. Will the Model 3 have an adapter so I can use it? If not, does anyone know how much it would cost?

2) What kind of charging system will the new EVCO charging stations be using? I've read that there are several different types like CHAdeMO . Would that mean I would need to have a few different types to charge my 3?

3) With regards to #2, does anyone know how much it'll cost to use them and on that vein, how do they determine the cost? For gas, it's L/KM, what's the electrical equivalent?

Sorry for the questions, I'm sure you've been asked them before and are probably tired of answering them.

2. teslaliving

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Boston
    Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    1) I'm not sure what Flo is, do you know the charging connctor? It's probably one of J1772, CHAdeMO or CCS.

2) Not sure about EVCO, but if you meant EVgo, those are CHAdeMO. The last one I used was $5.95 per session and $0.20/minute. Sessions limited to 30 minutes so you need multiple sessions to "fill" your car. Also CHAdeMOs are generally 1/3 to 1/2 the speed of Superchargers.

3) See above. The way to check cost is $/kWh. In the case above it was $0.32/kWh. At my house (Massachusetts with high electric rates) I pay $0.17/kWh.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • SnoopyTesla

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Markham, ON
      Country
      Flo is a Canadian company that makes ev chargers and charging stations. They're located all across Ontario. Go to flo(dot)ca for more information.

EVCO stands for Electric Vehicle Chargers Ontario. The government is making these stations. Type EVCO in Google for more information. I'm a new user so I can't add links into my posts yet.