New T≡SLA Roadster 2.0

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Okay, that's it. I'm going to cancel my reservation for the Model 3 and get the roadster instead!.....well, only if it's the same price and I can pick it up next month, LOL. Seriously though that thing looks amazing and the numbers are almost too much to believe! How in the heck did they cram a 200kWh battery into that thing? I wonder if they have some super secret new battery form factor that we don't know about.

Anyway I certainly know what I'm doing with my lottery winnings! Okay, I have to win the lottery first but at least now I know!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Okay, that's it. I'm going to cancel my reservation for the Model 3 and get the roadster instead!.....well, only if it's the same price and I can pick it up next month, LOL. Seriously though that thing looks amazing and the numbers are almost too much to believe! How in the heck did they cram a 200kWh battery into that thing? I wonder if they have some super secret new battery form factor that we don't know about.

Anyway I certainly know what I'm doing with my lottery winnings! Okay, I have to win the lottery first but at least now I know!
You and me both. Time to up my Powerball game!

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since the “Founders” edition is $250K it will take a winning ticket for me to ever have a chance of owning one. At this point though I think we have really hit a point in history where the gasoline engine has met it match. It’s been a good run but the ICE has peaked and I really don’t think it has anything left to offer. Compare the new roadster to anything from the Dodge Demon to the Bugatti Chiron or the Aston Martin Valkyrie (which are all insane cars in their own rights) and I think the Tesla comes out ahead. Yes there will still be “GearHeads” out there who will always love the sound of a screaming engine but I think someday even they will convert, or die off slowly! (And I count myself as one of them in some respects)

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Brooks from Drag Times was at the event, and got a test ride.
Remember, this is a guy who owns & regularly races Lamborghinis, McLarens, not to mention a Tesla S P100D.
He was blown away by the acceleration. He didn't think he'd notice a difference between his S and the Roadster. He was wrong. :)
Skip ahead to the 4 minute mark for the actual test ride.

Gunn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks @Michael Russo (and others) for linking to the roadster tweets, that looks a beast of a car (and in my color as well ;))

I have to say though, the haters are going to say the vid of it speeding away 'looks' speeded up as it accelerates way too fast (I know it's not).

Dam it Elon, take my money, house, car, sold organs and child now!! :(

EDIT: anyone notice the fact that it has a 200kWh battery and is the same size (almost) as the 3, how!?!

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Thanks @Michael Russo (and others) for linking to the roadster tweets, that looks a beast of a car (and in my color as well ;))

I have to say though, the haters are going to say the vid of it speeding away 'looks' speeded up as it accelerates way too fast (I know it's not).

Dam it Elon, take my money, house, car, sold organs and child now!! :(

EDIT: anyone notice the fact that it has a 200kWh battery and is the same size (almost) as the 3, how!?!
My guess is the 2 seater option has the batteries also stacked in the back so you only get a frunk and no trunk. The 4 seater option will most likely reduce the range by half (same as Model 3).