New Tesla Model 3 pictures from prototype being displayed at Tesla’s HQ [Gallery]

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot

As far as we can tell based on the unveiling event and other sightings, only a few Model 3 prototypes have been made so far and the same vehicles keep being spotted while Tesla finalizes the design with the pencil down being only weeks or even days away.

Now pictures emerged of the Black Matte prototype, which has been spotted a few times before outside of the unveiling event, displayed at Tesla’s headquarters in Palo Alto last month. more…

Filed under: Cars, Model 3, Tesla Tagged: black matte, Model, Model 3, model 3 black, model 3 prototype, Tesla, tesla black matte, Tesla Model 3, tesla model 3 black, tesla prototype

Continue reading...

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I wish Black Matte wasnt hard to maintain but IM IN LOVE. WHAT DO I DO ?
If you're bent on that finish why not just order a colour you like then get it sprayed with that plastic dip crap? If you change your mind you can just peel it off.
This way you get the best of both worlds.

Jaspal

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you're bent on that finish why not just order a colour you like then get it sprayed with that plastic dip crap? If you change your mind you can just peel it off.
Living in Central Valley California, plasti dip is going to last only a year. The harsh UV's in Cali. The tempratures get around 95-112 Fernheight.

Most likely will go with a midnight gray/silver. Or a shiny black.

Last edited:

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Country
Country
This is a common guy problem.
This could adequately describe the beginnings of almost all self-inflicted strife in my life :D
But back on message, matte finishes are definitely a huge PITA. I went and had my Honda Blackbird shot satin black about 8 years ago to match its spy-plane namesake and it looked fine for about 2 years, then slowly developed nasty shiny spots anywhere that stuff regularly came into contact with it like my riding suit, tank bags, etc. I'm with Trev, I think I'd Plasti-dip it instead. At least you can refinish it on the cheap when it does get rough or patchy looking, and peel it off if you ever tire of it.

Last edited:

Blackout

Country
Country
Yah that's exactly what I will do if the signature red will be someone how offered to the people who sign up on the same day (online/store...) Crossing fingers...

But Plasti Dipp is not crap...you may not like it which is fine but doesn't mean it's crap...