Nice Tesla Model X Road Trip Pictorial for Newbies

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
This is a nice Business Insider pictorial from a writer who clearly is not familiar with Teslas. There are mistakes like calling the Premium White interior a "Leather with memory foam" but very nice screenshots of the Tesla UI.

http://read.bi/2inNMUZ

A few takeaways for beginnners: if you're going on a long road trip, start with a full charge, not 80%

The writer was burned by running out of power in the past so now has range anxiety. He made extra charging stops and sounds like he did full charges each time. Supercharging is fastest when the battery needs it and slows down A LOT when it's almost full. He followed the Nav's supercharging recommendations on the return leg and cut his charging time in HALF. If he did that on the way down, his family would not have been mad at him or the Tesla!

After seeing the pics of the interior, I'm DEFINITELY order the white on my Model 3!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is a nice Business Insider pictorial from a writer who clearly is not familiar with Teslas. There are mistakes like calling the Premium White interior a "Leather with memory foam" but very nice screenshots of the Tesla UI.

http://read.bi/2inNMUZ

A few takeaways for beginnners: if you're going on a long road trip, start with a full charge, not 80%

The writer was burned by running out of power in the past so now has range anxiety. He made extra charging stops and sounds like he did full charges each time. Supercharging is fastest when the battery needs it and slows down A LOT when it's almost full. He followed the Nav's supercharging recommendations on the return leg and cut his charging time in HALF. If he did that on the way down, his family would not have been mad at him or the Tesla!

After seeing the pics of the interior, I'm DEFINITELY order the white on my Model 3!
The white seats are truly special. Gorgeous in person. I don’t think pictures even do it justice.

I can’t wait though :)

EVfusion

M3OC Supporting Member
Country
Country
... A few takeaways for beginnners: if you're going on a long road trip, start with a full charge, not 80%
The writer was burned by running out of power in the past so now has range anxiety. He made extra charging stops and sounds like he did full charges each time. Supercharging is fastest when the battery needs it and slows down A LOT when it's almost full. He followed the Nav's supercharging recommendations on the return leg and cut his charging time in HALF. If he did that on the way down, his family would not have been mad at him or the Tesla! ...
Thank you - excellent tips. I plan to remember them when I take my first road trip. The more frequent stops is counter intuitive - having spent a life-time reducing the number and time of stops because with ICE driving you completely fill up to minimise stops.
It will require re-learning the art of road tripping but, just as I will enjoy no fumes and no gas stations when commuting, I think more planned stops when road tripping will be quite relaxing and definitely popular with she-who-must-be-obeyed (EDIT: I talk, of course, about "Anna" my 12 year-old black Labrador for whom non-stop cross-country travel has for a while been an impossibility).

Last edited: