Nomad Wireless Charger

He Chen

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I came across this wireless charging pad from Nomad. It looks very well designed from a company that has been designing smartphone accessories for some time. There is a built-in 6,000 mAh battery. It is able to charge two phones at 7.5 Watts each. Works with both iPhone and Android. The small LED lights will show when a phone is fully charged. It is expensive at $130 for pre orders and even more so at $150 normal price. I thought I share this since there aren't many options for wireless charging pads for the Model 3 outside of DIY. Pre-made options include the Jeda and nothing else as far as I am aware.

https://hellonomad.com/products/tesla-charger

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I’ve reached out to Nomad to try and get a unit for review. It’s more pricey than the Jeda but also includes a 6000mah internal battery to allow for fast charging. Model 3 front USB ports are not powerful enough for fast charging hence the biffer battery. Jeda has an optional buffer battery but it’s external

Corey

Country
Country
I pre ordered this yesterday. I was going back and fourth on the jeda pad, but how the company handled the pre order was pretty disappointing. Nomad is a proven tech company, not a start up like Jeda and I have to believe they wont botch the release of this product like Jeda did

tfederov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered this yesterday, on one hand I think it's going to be a great addition. On the other, I'm probably going to have to run a cable from one of the rear USBs to charge my passenger's phone (i.e. wife) from time to time. Need to keep pushing her to upgrade. :D

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered as well
They responded to all my questions over a 2 day period. Good positive first step.
Stating Sept 1 shipment.

MadMax

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you add the charger to your cart on their website, don't complete the order, and let it stay in the cart for a day or two, they have an email reminder campaign that will eventually email you a 10% off code to complete the order. At least that was my experience. I did set up an account but I don't remember if the discount email was based on my non-account cart (partially checked out and provided my contact info but didn't complete) or after I created the account.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pro Tip - put the item in your cart, fill out all the info - but don't checkout

You'll get a 10% off coupon in a few days.

That sold me, just as they hoped it would. I love my 3D printed solution but the upgrade to fast charging got me.