Nomad Wireless Charger

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

He Chen

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I came across this wireless charging pad from Nomad. It looks very well designed from a company that has been designing smartphone accessories for some time. There is a built-in 6,000 mAh battery. It is able to charge two phones at 7.5 Watts each. Works with both iPhone and Android. The small LED lights will show when a phone is fully charged. It is expensive at $130 for pre orders and even more so at $150 normal price. I thought I share this since there aren't many options for wireless charging pads for the Model 3 outside of DIY. Pre-made options include the Jeda and nothing else as far as I am aware.

https://hellonomad.com/products/tesla-charger

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I’ve reached out to Nomad to try and get a unit for review. It’s more pricey than the Jeda but also includes a 6000mah internal battery to allow for fast charging. Model 3 front USB ports are not powerful enough for fast charging hence the biffer battery. Jeda has an optional buffer battery but it’s external

Corey

Country
Country
I pre ordered this yesterday. I was going back and fourth on the jeda pad, but how the company handled the pre order was pretty disappointing. Nomad is a proven tech company, not a start up like Jeda and I have to believe they wont botch the release of this product like Jeda did

tfederov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered this yesterday, on one hand I think it's going to be a great addition. On the other, I'm probably going to have to run a cable from one of the rear USBs to charge my passenger's phone (i.e. wife) from time to time. Need to keep pushing her to upgrade. :D

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered as well
They responded to all my questions over a 2 day period. Good positive first step.
Stating Sept 1 shipment.

MadMax

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you add the charger to your cart on their website, don't complete the order, and let it stay in the cart for a day or two, they have an email reminder campaign that will eventually email you a 10% off code to complete the order. At least that was my experience. I did set up an account but I don't remember if the discount email was based on my non-account cart (partially checked out and provided my contact info but didn't complete) or after I created the account.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pro Tip - put the item in your cart, fill out all the info - but don't checkout

You'll get a 10% off coupon in a few days.

That sold me, just as they hoped it would. I love my 3D printed solution but the upgrade to fast charging got me.