OEM M3 all weather floor mats

Caulin

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would have really hesitated to call them "All Weather" if I were Tesla. For those of us in the snow belt, those lips around the edges seem laughable. During winter, Its cold as SH&% and I do not take the time to clean out my car mats. Also, if im in and out of my car a lot when there is snow, there is a literal puddle in my floor mats.

These look like great floor mats for MOST weather, just not heavy snow

MRinPDX

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got mine this week as well. Wondering how they will handle the PNW rain. Question, should I remove the regular mats (and save them for the summer) and place these directly on the carpeted floor or on top of the normal mats?

Mosess

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got the Tesla all weather floor mats.
Here are my observations on them:
They’re heavy. I don’t like heavy items in my car because every additional, unnecessary, ounce affects driving efficiency.
They’re very strong, thick and durable.
They look great. Unlike so many others which may function well but why make a very nice car appear tacky and cheap?
I’m a firm believer in the idea that the appearance of these things is just as necessary as their function and it seems like the two are always mutually exclusive when it comes to car accessories.
So in summary, I’m using the front drivers mat especially now that we have lots of rain here in the Atlanta area and will use the rear ones when I take the kids with me. Otherwise I’m happy with the factory originals.

webdriverguy00

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got the Tesla all weather floor mats.
Here are my observations on them:
They’re heavy. I don’t like heavy items in my car because every additional, unnecessary, ounce affects driving efficiency.
They’re very strong, thick and durable.
They look great. Unlike so many others which may function well but why make a very nice car appear tacky and cheap?
I’m a firm believer in the idea that the appearance of these things is just as necessary as their function and it seems like the two are always mutually exclusive when it comes to car accessories.
So in summary, I’m using the front drivers mat especially now that we have lots of rain here in the Atlanta area and will use the rear ones when I take the kids with me. Otherwise I’m happy with the factory originals.
Mats will not at all affect driving efficiently. Personally I don’t like the factory mats at all.

MRinPDX

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mats will not at all affect driving efficiently. Personally I don’t like the factory mats at all.
Care to share what mats you would recommend? And are you referring to the regular stock mats or the all weather rubber mats (or both)?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Care to share what mats you would recommend? And are you referring to the regular stock mats or the all weather rubber mats (or both)?
I think @webdriverguy00's point was the mats are not heavy enough to make any notable difference. As seen in the video further up thread, the shipped box weighed 12lbs. So minus the cardboard and they may weigh 9ish pounds.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Totally negligible. According to UPS, the Maxpider all-weather mats weigh 6 lbs with packaging. :)

MRinPDX

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You should remove the stock carpet mats
Thanks Melinda, perhaps I should also read the instructions (but I am not used to reading instructions especially when it comes to items like mats :rolleyes:) as they did call out in red font all caps NOT to put the mats on existing mats.

MRinPDX

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think @webdriverguy00's point was the mats are not heavy enough to make any notable difference. As seen in the video further up thread, the shipped box weighed 12lbs. So minus the cardboard and they may weigh 9ish pounds.
I was referring to the second part about not liking the factory ones and since he has mentioned that twice, I was wondering if he had an option that is better.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was referring to the second part about not liking the factory ones and since he has mentioned that twice, I was wondering if he had an option that is better.
My reply was more to the earlier comment from mosess

But on the carpet mats, I would say they are the flimsiest floor mats I’ve had in a car. Since all prior cars were significantly lower priced than this one, i was a little surprised at these. But do like the full Velcro grabby backs.

MRinPDX

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My reply was more to the earlier comment from mosess

But on the carpet mats, I would say they are the flimsiest floor mats I’ve had in a car. Since all prior cars were significantly lower priced than this one, i was a little surprised at these. But do like the full Velcro grabby backs.
True, very thin but the softest ones I have felt. Might have to put them in front of the fireplace and set up wine glasses and see if an online date would bite :p:D

Long Ranger

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was about to order the Tesla all weather mats yesterday, but they show as "sold out" now, with no option to order and no estimate of when they'll be back in stock. :(