Ordered TSportline Wheels...

Jditom

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered 20" and 19" last week still and not shipped!
They claim the wheels are in stock.
Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

T Sportline

M3OC Sponsor Vendor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered 20" and 19" last week still and not shipped!
They claim the wheels are in stock.
Anyone else experience this?

Thanks
Your wheels are shipping today.

I ordered the 18” TST for the P+ on 8/21 and nothing has shipped.
18" TST for Performance+ starts shipping tomorrow.

BostonPilot

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Anyone have experience with the Tsportline TPMS? I thought I saw at least one person having problems? Any reason to worry about the car recognizing the Tsportline TPMS on a winter wheel set?

Hiep Dao

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Hi guys-

Taking delivery of my model 3 tomorrow! Super excited! It’s an AWD metallic blue with aero wheels. The more I see these aero wheels the more I want to throw up in my mouth. I’ve never made any modifications to a car before but am getting new wheels for this baby.

There are several companies, the biggest I’ve seen is TSportline and EV wheels. Do you guys have any opinions on which rims are better? TSportline is a little more expensive but I don’t mind paying if they’re more reliable.

My second question is what size? What are the pros/cons of going up to 19” vs staying with 18” rims? Does one affect range more?

Finally, what color would you guys go with considering the car is metallic blue. The choices are space gray, matte black, silver and shiny black.

Thanks guys, this forum is great!

Duy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had the 18" aero wheels knowing I wanted to go with the Tsportline turbine style wheels. I decided to go to 19" for the looks range wise I can't honestly say I see much of a difference. I replaced them at 500 miles so I didn't do too much driving before the replacement to get a real good idea of range. Pros of staying 18" you can reuse your old tires which could save you money and TPMS so you're only paying the labor on it which shouldn't be too bad. Pros of 19" for me was the looks and not sure if it was the tires but I get better handling with 19" and Michelin Pilot 4S tires. Cons was cost I got the rims for around $1300 shipped during Memorial Day sale plus another $1000 before rebate for the tires. Sold back my stock rims and tires for $1000 so out about $1300. The cost of 18" and 19" are comparable but the savings on what you could sell back the stock rims and not buying new tires could add up. I got space gray on my midnight silver Model 3, one advantage is they're basically same color as the factory Tesla rims so when I curb rashed it 2 weeks ago the wheel repair shop used same paint that they did on Model S and matched perfectly. I met another Model 3 owner he showed me pics of his matte black and I'll admit pretty jealous of the look on midnight silver.

Hiep Dao

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Thanks Duy! Great runthrough of your pros/cons. I ended up buying the 18'' turbine in space gray yesterday, mainly for the cost savings of being able to reuse the tires and TPMS. What is reasonable labor costs to put the new tire/rims on my car, does anyone know?

Just curious, how did you find someone that would want to buy Aero wheels/rims? I'll be keeping my stock tires but i have no idea who would want to buy those aero rims???

Duy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any local tire shop should be able to do it but roughly 20 dollars a tire. I put my old set on Craigslist as people curb their rims people like having a spare set around. Took awhile to find a buyer but as more Model 3 get delivered the larger the pool of potential buyers. I wasn't in a rush and kept refreshing my post for about 2 months. I would recommend getting these https://www.ebay.com/itm/SR-Billet-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 I found the discussion on another thread but the jackpads were extremely helpful when I got my calipers painted.