Oregon Credits & fees - FAQ -

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oregon currently has an income tax credit for purchasing and installing charge infrastructure equipment up to 50% of the cost or $750, whichever is less (subject to your tax liability). To claim the credit, complete this form and a certificate will be returned to you to be included with your Oregon tax return.
There is also a 'pass-thru' option to give your credit to another Oregon resident with a tax liability.

The vehicle registration fees are currently the same for ICE and EVs, but DMV's fee page does divide them out, so expect the EV rate to jump up in the coming year(s).

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oregon legislation has passed a transportation bill to give a $2,500 rebate on EVs up to $50,000 starting January 1, 2018, still to be signed by Gov Brown, but fully anticipated to be signed into law!

the bill also increases the state gas tax by 4 cents and a progressive vehicle registration fee (in addition to the base fee) based on fuel economy with BEVs at $110.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
the downside, is the transportation bill included language for a (near) future toll that Oregon has not seen in my lifetime.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Audrey

SR3NTY
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oregon legislation has passed a transportation bill to give a $2,500 rebate on EVs up to $50,000 starting January 1, 2018, still to be signed by Gov Brown, but fully anticipated to be signed into law!
I want to provide a point of clarification from the bill's language (Oregon HB 2017) with regard to the $50,000 number MelindaV quoted.
SECTION 148 Subsection 5 Qualifying vehicle said:
(e) Has a base manufacturer’s suggested retail price of less than $50,000;
The model 3's base price is well below that, at $35,000. Also, you can claim the $2,500 benefit in 2018 for a car received in 2017. I was concerned at first about these details, but reading the final copy of the bill is encouraging.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country

Trail Runner

This is great news for me!! We had to use our AAA this week to tow our Acura to the shop. I will not be renewing with AAA next year for my Prius that is going away. I guess the wife will keep the AAA for the Acura until i can convince her to get the model Y

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pardon my ignorance, since I haven't been following this case closely, but...

Why in the world would AAA Oregon/Idaho be so opposed to an EV incentive that they'd file suit against one??? Does their emergency roadside fill-up service really make so much money that a decline in ICEs would pose an existential threat? And aren't they aware that the optics of attempting to block the incentive would be absolutely horrible given the value that most Oregonians place on environmental quality, regardless of political inclination?

I just don't get it...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pardon my ignorance, since I haven't been following this case closely, but...

Why in the world would AAA Oregon/Idaho be so opposed to an EV incentive that they'd file suit against one??? Does their emergency roadside fill-up service really make so much money that a decline in ICEs would pose an existential threat? And aren't they aware that the optics of attempting to block the incentive would be absolutely horrible given the value that most Oregonians place on environmental quality, regardless of political inclination?

I just don't get it...
I think it was more an argument of where the incentive money was coming from, and AAA using their position as a consumer group to fight the state. The way the Oregon incentive was set up to be structured, it is different than how some other states have funded their incentives. I'd have to go back and read what ended up in the final law, can't remember the specifics, but do think in part it increased the state gas tax a cent or two.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think it was more an argument of where the incentive money was coming from, and AAA using their position as a consumer group to fight the state. The way the Oregon incentive was set up to be structured, it is different than how some other states have funded their incentives. I'd have to go back and read what ended up in the final law, can't remember the specifics, but do think in part it increased the state gas tax a cent or two.
Ah, okay, got it... thanks. I'll have to read up some more on the incentive, now that it apparently has the green light.

Trail Runner

From FAQ section
 If purchasing or leasing a new battery electric vehicle, eligible purchases can combine the Charge Ahead Rebate with a Standard Rebate for a total rebate of up to $5,000.

 Charge Ahead Rebate for the purchase or lease of a new or used battery electric vehicle. To qualify for the Charge Ahead rebate, the purchaser or lessee must be from a low- or moderate-income household*
*DEQ is finalizing specific income eligibility requirements and will make the information available in the next few months.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From FAQ section
 If purchasing or leasing a new battery electric vehicle, eligible purchases can combine the Charge Ahead Rebate with a Standard Rebate for a total rebate of up to $5,000.

 Charge Ahead Rebate for the purchase or lease of a new or used battery electric vehicle. To qualify for the Charge Ahead rebate, the purchaser or lessee must be from a low- or moderate-income household*
*DEQ is finalizing specific income eligibility requirements and will make the information available in the next few months.
the original bill also had some bonus amounts available depending on the area you lived. IIRC, higher polluted areas (portland/metro) qualified for something, but maybe that didn't make the final cut.