Paint differences

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
I am getting ready to finalize my order!!! It has been over 2 years since I slept outside the showroom(in Rocklin Ca) to put in my reservation. I have heard that the black paint here in California is "soft" and scratches/chips easy per all our regulations. My question is this:

1. is the black paint really soft/lesser quality?
2. is the black paint multi-coat?
3. Are the other paint options ALL multi-coat? I see that the Red and White are the only 2 that specifically state "multi-coat"?

PS I am wanting to get either Silver or Midnight Silver but not sure if they are multi-coat. Hence my reason for this post.