Pasting text makes the input field go all Invisible Man on me...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Whenever I paste anything into the input field for a post on this forum, the pasted text not only doesn't appear, but all content typed directly after that pasted text is also invisible. I know it's there, because submitting the post makes the pasted text and what's typed after it appear in the post, but the editor doesn't show it.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I'm on Firefox Nightly 63.a01 in Windows 10, so it's barely possible that this is an issue with this bleeding-edge Firefox build I'm on. But text editors are kindof a solved problem, so I find it hard to believe that the Firefox team would have broken them. Not to mention that this doesn't happen on any other forum.

Being a web programmer myself, this feels like a bug in the forum's javascript for its WYSIWYG editor library.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm on Firefox Nightly 63.a01 in Windows 10, so it's barely possible that this is an issue with this bleeding-edge Firefox build I'm on.
YOU THINK???? o_O

Seriously though, I'm not seeing any problem on various versions of chrome, and nobody else is reporting an issue. Please try another (non-bleeding edge) browser yourself to see if it's an issue outside of your choice of browser.

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you using the dark theme? For a few months I used the dark theme and had this or a similar issue.

To be honest, I'm not sure the dark theme still exists, one day I logged on and I was back to regular theme and never went looking to change it back, I've just stayed with the default. I just poked around looking for the dark theme and I don't see any way to select it again. I'm either just missing it or it is no longer an option.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You might want to try highlighting the invisible text and going up to the text format options and pick a black color and see if it is just the color copying in as the same as the background.

The copy/paste annoyance I have is copy/paste wants to start with a hard return that you can not delete out (but can highlight and drag back to the previous line).

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the same issue as Melinda when copying and pasting text within a given message.

When I copy/paste from an external source, to avoid formatting weirdness I typically paste the text into Notepad first, then copy/paste from Notepad into the textbox for the post. That ensures that the text lands in plain-text format, regardless of how it's formatted in the original source.

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Testing testing.

This is a paste test.

1, 2, 3, testing.

This is a paste test.

Huh, weird. This problem doesn't happen in Chrome. I guess my own web programmer biases led me to assume that the browser couldn't be the problem (it's not IE, after all...).

Never mind, then. Thread over.