Performance Model 3 Club - Share Everything, Experiences, Modifications

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

What it feels like to be a Performance Model 3 Owner

• Total voters

samson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The journey waiting for a model 3 has been fun, Now would like start and share my new journey living with a PERFORMANCE MODEL 3.

Share everything all the fun experiences, modifications, news relating to Performance model 3 Dual motor.

To begin with here is a clip of my model 3 acceleration from 37mph to approx. 60mph in roughly "1 sec" pulling like 0.8g it literally kicks you hard. will follow up with more Performance videos with draggy.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Today I had my first serious Whoops! moment in my Stealth P3D. As I was entering the Interstate on the entrance ramp, I noticed a newer model Camaro barreling down the ramp toward me. I was probably going 60 to 65 preparing to merge onto the interstate. My guess is that he was going 80-85 and was clearly planning to do the early merge/break in line move we've all encountered. My knee jerk reaction was "Oh hell no" and I floored it. Any plans he had of breaking in front of me were instantly beyond the realm of possibility. I smoothly merged, albeit about three cars ahead of my original intention. When I glanced at my speed(post merge), I was going 105. It was my first time over 90. It was smooth, slick ,sudden, and unintended. Whoops!

Wooloomooloo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK while we're all gloating... has anyone actually received the spoiler and decal for a Performance M3? Mine is 2 months old and I haven't heard anything (I was originally told "a couple of months" which is about now...)

BW984

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK while we're all gloating... has anyone actually received the spoiler and decal for a Performance M3? Mine is 2 months old and I haven't heard anything (I was originally told "a couple of months" which is about now...)
When I picked up my P3D on Nov 5th I saw regular AWD’s in the lot with dual motor badges but the two P3D’s I saw did not have the badge or spoiler yet. I didn’t ask about the timeline on delivery so I’m not much help other than they aren’t ready yet.

3 days with the P3D and I’ve already switched to driving my wife’s Pacifica Hybrid in low mode to better replicate Tesla level regen and I’ll probably wreck my F250 diesel the next time I drive it due to how horrid the handing, braking and traction control is compared to the 3. One of the four people who have gotten a test ride broke out into unctrollable laughter after an acceleration run in the pouring rain; the P3D is like driving game set to beginner mode and has “arcade” physics turned on!

JMON

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When I picked up my P3D on Nov 5th I saw regular AWD’s in the lot with dual motor badges but the two P3D’s I saw did not have the badge or spoiler yet. I didn’t ask about the timeline on delivery so I’m not much help other than they aren’t ready yet.

3 days with the P3D and I’ve already switched to driving my wife’s Pacifica Hybrid in low mode to better replicate Tesla level regen and I’ll probably wreck my F250 diesel the next time I drive it due to how horrid the handing, braking and traction control is compared to the 3. One of the four people who have gotten a test ride broke out into unctrollable laughter after an acceleration run in the pouring rain; the P3D is like driving game set to beginner mode and has “arcade” physics turned on!
I know what you mean - after 2 weeks with my P3D I drove my wife's 2014 Jeep Cherokee (that I always thought had good handling for an SUV) and it felt broken to me in every way = acceleration, handling, braking, the noise, the vibrations etc. etc.