Performance Model 3 gets Free Supercharging! (was Tesla Referral Now Includes Performance Model 3)

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just randomly logged into my Tesla account and noticed it now gives unlimited supercharging for Performance Model 3's. Wowzers.

Tesla Referral Program

Model S, Model X and Model 3 Performance
Share your referral code to give five of your friends free unlimited Supercharging with a new Model S, Model X or Model 3 Performance.

[mod edit: added link to Tesla's Referral Program page]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just randomly logged into my Tesla account and noticed it now gives unlimited supercharging for Performance Model 3's. Wowzers.

Tesla Referral Program

Model S, Model X and Model 3 Performance
Share your referral code to give five of your friends free unlimited Supercharging with a new Model S, Model X or Model 3 Performance.
Nice catch! It does indeed appear that Tesla published a new update to MyTesla within the last hour or so.

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Great move on their part, this should increase the sales of the already hot Performance Model 3's. And if you bought your P3D before August 1st, you already get unlimited supercharging without referral:

"All Model 3 Performance orders placed before August 1, 2018 will be given unlimited Supercharging, no referral required."

Brian N

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
No way!! Super cool!! I want my P3D even more now.

Should I configure before 12am? Hmmm

It’s pretty easy to get rerral codes I would imagine?

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah anybody can give you one, it's against the forum rules to post it however.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
0EECC6C9-AF5E-4387-B63F-9CFC386801C1.png TESLA MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE NOW HAS FREE UNLIMITED SUPERCHARGING AND IS NOW ELIGIBLE FOR REFERRAL PROGRAM!

Brian N

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Yeah anybody can give you one, it's against the forum rules to post it however.
Got it. I assumed it would be easy enough.

But wow free supercharging. Now this really is the cherry on top. I was already stoked when they decreased the prices. Now this!

bluesolarflare

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Also check out the referral link on Tesla’s page. After Sept 16th all referrals will revert to 1 year feee supercharging instead of unlimited.

Teslar

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
does this apply to a person who ordered awd june 27th upgraded to perf july 14th. ?

Last edited:

Scuffers

Country
Country
What's depressing about this is that here in the UK, we are still some 12 months away from getting the 3, and the referral programme will be over and done by then.

be nice if they could tie this to your reservation date don't you think?

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
YESSSS!!!

@Ryan,

The way I read this is that our Model Performance Orders (including my P3D) will be “grandfathered” into the new “Unlimited Supercharging”!!! Correct? (Or is this just for new Orders)? Someone PLEASE confirm or tweet Elon for confirmation. (I’m still awaiting VIN and build).

https://electrek.co/2018/08/01/tesl...rral-program-extends-program-to-september-16/

More specifically: from the Electrek article,

In addition, Tesla says that “all Model 3 Performance orders placed before August 1, 2018 will be given unlimited Supercharging, no referral required.”

Edit:
Yes....that’s correct and my understanding after reading both the Electrec article, the Teslarati article as well as the “Limits and Restrictions” section of the Tesla website.
Great News!!!

Ski

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Time to get referring!!!

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
does this apply to a person who ordered awd june 27th upgraded to perf july 14th. ?
Yes, any order before August 1st gets Lifetime Free Unlimited Supercharging with no need for a referral.
Orders between August 1 and Sept 16 can get Lifetime Free Unlimited Supercharging with a referral.
After Sept 16, a referral will only get you one year of Free Unlimited Supercharging.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've updated the title of this thread to highlight the free supercharging for Performance Model 3.

I'm trying to combine all of the Model 3 Performance supercharging/referral threads into this one thread.

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I still don't understand why the "referrer" gets only a kids car or the Powerwall home battery. I imagine the Powerwall battery has considerable other costs once one gets the battery.

If the referrer got free supercharging, I would be more inclined to put on my sales hat to earn that commission.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So...for all of you that are waiting on a performance model, it seems you can add a referral code afterwards?

And what is the policy of this forum for sharing referral codes?
Maybe we could create a thread where we are allowed to post them, and folks can go in and pick and choose?

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I still don't understand why the "referrer" gets only a kids car or the Powerwall home battery.
I think you misread something.
If you make a single referal, you get either a kids car or a Wall Connector.