Perhaps my favorite accessory is from Shark Tank

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After two instances at night where I found myself kneeling outside the car on pavement searching for my phone that had fallen out of my pocket and down the crack between the seats I remembered this product:

Drop Stop

I really can't say enough good things about it. It fits perfectly in the 3 and matches the black interior as well. No more crumbs, phones, wallets falling in that space between the seat belt and center console. I really can't believe how happy I am with this.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Your picture is broken
its just a link to the product on Amazon which better explains what it is. Not sure, it does show up for me - but if you have any type of adblock turned on it doesn't show. I will take an actual picture of it installed as well though for sure

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After two instances at night where I found myself kneeling outside the car on pavement searching for my phone that had fallen out of my pocket and down the crack between the seats I remembered this product:

Drop Stop

I really can't say enough good things about it. It fits perfectly in the 3 and matches the black interior as well. No more crumbs, phones, wallets falling in that space between the seat belt and center console. I really can't believe how happy I am with this.
Amazon link works for me but I don’t see a pic. Did you post one? Would like to see this installed if you have time and wouldn’t mind taking/posting one.

Edit: lol, posted just as you were posting saying you would get a pic and post. Thank you!

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thank you! Looks like a very good fit. The negative reviews all seem to be for specific cars and it not fitting. Didn’t see any negatives for the build quality of these, so that’s cool.
I’m trying to recall how many times I’ve dropped stuff in my cars (all of them) and if this is worth it me.
Appreciate you getting this pic posted, and so quickly! :)

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thank you! Looks like a very good fit. The negative reviews all seem to be for specific cars and it not fitting. Didn’t see any negatives for the build quality of these, so that’s cool.
I’m trying to recall how many times I’ve dropped stuff in my cars (all of them) and if this is worth it me.
Appreciate you getting this pic posted, and so quickly! :)

given the number of reviews on Amazon I think it is pretty rare to have that high of a review. What I especially like is with the material there is no way of damaging any of the seats or console. Plus, that area it is preventing things from falling down is really hard to vaccum so it should hopefully make that easier as well.

the big thing for me was my phone is black with a black case. the inside lights of the model 3 are mood lights at best, i really do wish they were a bit brighter. so the 2nd time i was fishing under the seat trying to find a black phone in pitch darkness i remembered this product. well worth the $20 for me.

Stream3

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To me that's a no brainer. I hate getting crapola between the seats! Thanks for posting something so useful. Just ordered it on Amazon and will install them on pickup day (8/24).

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Drop Stop

I remember that episode/product and thought to myself why don’t car manufacturers just solve the issue on their own. It does look like a good fit!!

EValuatED

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I remember that episode/product and thought to myself why don’t car manufacturers just solve the issue on their own. It does look like a good fit!!
+1 ... I had a ‘95 MB that had it built in. Never saw it again in any of my cars after. Definitely going on the “list” — thanks @tipton

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@tipton thanks for this...question: how does it work with easy entry function where the seat moves back and forth based on profile settings? Does it stay in place well?

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@tipton thanks for this...question: how does it work with easy entry function where the seat moves back and forth based on profile settings? Does it stay in place well?

zero problems. you would never even know it is installed. this thing couldn't fit any better i don't think, i'm actually stunned how OEM it seems.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just ordered a set, seems like a great idea and worth the money if it saves me one time fishing for something lost between the seats.

Mattstyle

Country
Country
I've had a set of these for I think 3 years now and have used them in 2 vehicles. THEY WORK GREAT! The design is very straightforward and the quality is very nice. I actually thought I came up with the idea and I was searching the internet to see what type of material I should use to make myself a set and if anyone had tried this before and then I stumbled onto Dropstop.

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I use the Easy Exit feature on my M3. Some reviews on Amazon say Dropstop doesn't work well when seat moves back for exit.
Has anyone with M3 tried this product with Easy Exit in use?

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I use the Easy Exit feature on my M3. Some reviews on Amazon say Dropstop doesn't work well when seat moves back for exit.
@tipton in post #12 of this thread says it does fine with easy exit.

This may potentially depend on how far back the seat moves. I’ve never seen the drop stop in person to say for sure.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just put them in my car, easy exit is set to move the seat all the way back to the stop. Dropstop slides very easy, works great and looks like it was made to be there. Great product!