1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Pittsburgh North getting a second Supercharger location!

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by garsh, Aug 17, 2017.

More threads by garsh
  1. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Country
    Tesla Pittsburgh just posted an article about a possible second supercharger location north of Pittsburgh.

I think that "confirmed" is too strong of a word. Tesla's supercharger map doesn't show this location. And there were no uninstalled superchargers to be seen at the construction site. This location is less than 8 miles from the existing supercharger location. So, there are some facts against this being a new supercharger location.

Now that I've listed the "evidence against", I must say that I believe Tesla Pittsburgh is correct. The article presents some good evidence. First, this is at a brand new Sheetz location, and we've already seen reports that Tesla was in talks with Sheetz to add superchargers to Sheetz locations. Second, there is a lot of big fat conduit on-site, along with two large cabinets, which look very similar to the rectifier cabinets at other supercharger locations. Click through the article link at the top to see all of the pretty pictures.

On the map below, Pittsburgh is at the bottom, and the existing Cranberry supercharger location is marked by a red pin at the top. The new supercharger location is marked by the small red dot with a big red circle around it.
    [​IMG]

2. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Country
    • Like Like x 2
    • garsh

Dis Member
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province: