1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Planning on white seats? Check out this interior cleaner

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Repair' started by AZ_M3, Sep 13, 2017.

1. AZ_M3

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Country
    #1 AZ_M3, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Exterior and interior color are the only things I've yet to decide on for my 3 confi, and since I'm really interested in the unique white synthetic seat option, this may be the deciding factor that drives exterior choice. Since I have nothing but time on my hands I decided to check the seats out in person. There was a black X with white seats in the showroom last time I was at the Tempe, AZ store so I headed over. To my surprise (and heartbreak), the showroom had been fully transitioned to service and deliveries only.

It wasn't a total loss though. I saw my first Tesla mobile service van in the parking lot and spoke with Jack, a really nice tech working on an S. Who better to ask than someone that's seen a ton of used interiors right? He couldn't speak highly enough about the white option's durability and resilience. He came from Ford and asked if I recalled the white leather they offered on the Mustang years ago. "Absolutely terrible," he said. He commented that Tesla's offering is world's better, and cleans right up very easily.

When I asked about cleaning and maintenance, he pulled this stuff from his van like it was pure gold. "Magic" he called it. Easily cleans the interiors (all colors, including white), particularly headliners, to like new condition in a few swipes. New demin stains, you name it.

Despite the recurring nightmares of what my 2 and 6 yr old boys might do to wreck the back seat, I'm sold on white for now. You can pick up the stuff here, and just a heads up shipping is pretty ridiculous.

Would love to hear any personal stories about the white interior from S/X owners (assuming it's the same material that will be in the 3)

[​IMG]
    imghost

• Informative Informative x 7
    • OneSixtyToOne

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      San Marcos, CA
      Country
      • Like Like x 1
      • TesLou

Supporting Member
        Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Louisville, KY
        Hmmm...irritant, eh? Not sure I want to use that stuff.

• AZ_M3

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Gilbert, AZ
        Country
        Hm, yeah that's news to me. Thanks for sharing that OneSixtytoOne

• Justmurr

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        PA
        Country
        Thanks for the cleaner tip.
        I really hope I can order the white seats... being east coast, non owner I might have a chance. I'm also a line waiter (about 40th in line that morning) but really want to get the white seats. I would need them to be an option when I get access to configure though...I'm not waiting for it.
        The wife has already said I'd be crazy to get a white interior...who would even offer that she says?! You wouldn't even be able to wear jeans if you got white seats she says...that's just ridiculous she says...
        So rather than trying convince her how Tesla's white seats are different -- I just agreed with her.

I still want them. So I hold out hope that I can get them, order them and then when I get the car just act surprised...
        "They must have messed up my order babe?! Can't change it now though (he says with a shrug)"