Poll: Silver M3'ers - Which 18" Aero Wheel style do you prefer?

Poll: Silver M3'ers - Which 18" Aero Wheel style do you prefer?

• Total voters

plasmo

Country
Country
wheelsABCD.jpg

I made a similar Poll a while ago on another forum, but didn't have "Option D" available.
Now I have a photo of it, and am curious to see what people's preferences are.

This poll is really regarding the 18" Aero wheels, as the 19" performance wheel is already silver.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I originally thought that the silver wheels with the 19” rims looked the best. I did not like the 19” low profile tires though or the $1500 cost. I went with the 18” Aeros and have taken the Aero covers off. Now I think the darker rims look better than the silver.

Rick Steinwand

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I voted for "C". I'd like the silver wheels more if they weren't so "silver". They appear brighter than the car. I'd like them better if they were toned down a bit to match the body.

plasmo

Country
Country
I voted for "C". I'd like the silver wheels more if they weren't so "silver". They appear brighter than the car. I'd like them better if they were toned down a bit to match the body.
i agree, those photos do make silver look a bit bright... it's definitely better in real life though.
It will probably darken a bit after a couple weeks of use.

The color that was used was the "Bright Aluminum" color:
bright aluminum.jpg

For those who are looking to dip your wheels, you could look into using the regular "Aluminum" color for a slightly darker matte color:
aluminum.jpg

or even "Silver Metalizer" might work:
silver metalizer.jpg

Country
Country
Once I take delivery, I’m actually thinking of going satin black on the aero wheels such that they look similar to those of the matte black alpha prototype, in which the carbon fiber portion will be the original gray finish. Based on the selections, however, I’d go with C.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think that either of B or D looks great on either a silver or blue car.

I'm generally a fan of having less chrome on my cars, but I don't think the silver or blue benefit from blacking out the wheels and trim. I also find it a little strange that the default color of the Aero wheels is dark, without making the chrome parts dark to match. Not that it looks *bad* that way, but it feels like they should match to me.

Last edited:

android04

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I voted for B because I love that look, but don't like that the dark grey wheel rim is visible. So I would prefer D+B. For my car, I went the opposite route and had my wheel covers painted the dark grey metallic color from the two-tone colors.
IMG_20181105_144702.jpg IMG_20181105_150319.jpg

plasmo

Country
Country
I voted for B because I love that look, but don't like that the dark grey wheel rim is visible. So I would prefer D+B. For my car, I went the opposite route and had my wheel covers painted the dark grey metallic color from the two-tone colors.
View attachment 17108 View attachment 17109
Agree, I think the Aeros look better in general as one color, rather than 2-toned

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I voted A but I would prefer body color. I have seen them that way and I think they look 100% better.
But since I have the big brakes I'd really prefer that Tesla make an Aero compatible 18" that will fit my car.
Great for long trips where I need max range.