Powerwall price increase

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

byee

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like the price of Powerwall just went up again:
  • Powerwall went from $5,900 to $6,700
  • Supporting hardware went from $700 to $1,100
Those prices are before the cost of installation, which Tesla says also increased. Previously, Tesla said that buyers should expect to pay between “$800 and $2,000”, but the website now says that a “typical installation” costs between “$1,000 to $3,000.”

Wondering how this affects those of us who have placed a deposit and are waiting for them to reach out...guessing it will.

Ms. Newbie Electrick

Florida Tesla Enthusiasts Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Schucks, getting ready to bust a move with Tesla on this to run 2 EVs, home AC, 5-car garage AC,
pool heater, 2 NEVs, H2O heater, whole house w/PWs. With the increased severity and frequency of storms due to man-made global warming and ensueimg grid interruptions, I am not terribly concerned about a slight price increase. It’s a ***** not having power/air conditioning for a week in sweltering heat, this I know.

CoastalCruiser

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Before prices went up I did a cost comparison between the powerwall and my home DIY solar system that uses LiFePo4 batteries. KwH for kWh (excluding panels), the powerwall was less expensive. Blew my mind. It was 51% cheaper to forego all the hassle of selecting equipment, dealing with a BMS, assembly, etc., and just buy a powerwall.

And I'm talkin' a premium DIY system using all top of the line components. Even with the price increase, and including the high end of the Tesla estimates (including the labor), the powerall is still 42% cheaper.

TM1

Country
Country
i received a quote for the PW with installation but since I did not sign the contract, they are telling me that now I would have pay the new increased price.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The contract I signed has the PWs at 6700 each plus tax. 1100 for the gateway. and 3050 for install since it is a whole house backup they are adding something to make the AC start up easier on the system.